Far fetched Goal?? Or am I on track?

tone21g

May 18, 2009
Ive been a long time lurker on here - but haven't really posted much. But now I was wanting some input on my plans for the car.

My goal: Has to be streetable, decent idle, and I want to be able to run with mildly modded 03/04 cobras - and vettes (non zo6s, just regular c6).

Current setup: Trick Flow 170 heads, 1.6 RR, Trick Flow intake (street burner), under drive pulleys, 24lbs injectors, 75 MM pro M meter, shorty header, X-pipe, and supper 40s. The car has 3.08 gears - steeda drag shocks - tockico 5 way adjustable and full leangth sub frame connectors.

Probable Plan : I was thinking a vortech si v3 should do the trick?? May bee with a power pipe and a good tune (kurgan?)

Reason : Im not much a track guy , but I definitely want to run with the cars I mentioned - even if its just for "spirited driving". I enjoy the challenge of working on my fox, and have done EVERYTHING my self- so this would be a nice project for me.

If I cant reach my goal with the Si trim , I am really considering just selling the fox and getting a termi!! I love those cars, but dont know if I can justify the expense of a 20k+ termi, when me fox might be at the same level (at least in grunt) for under 5k??

Sorry for the lengthy post !! Bottom line , with the mods listed above, the addition of a Si v3 - will/should I be running at the same level as a termi or a vette??

Any input would be awesome!! Thanks Guys!

• Sponsors (?)

Basically with your typical H/C/I stang with an s trim blower at 9-12 lbs you are looking at around 415-430 rwhp. Coupled with the fact that your stang should weigh only around 3200 lbs, throw in some 3.55's and youve got a potent combo. You will be right there in terms of hanging with c6's and termis etc...

I MIGHT know someone whos done all the above :D

Its doable, and vs and 03 cobra i think it will come down to the driver, but if the cobra has alot done to it then your not gonna keep up

Old man has 442 and 438 on a mustang dyno, with my 418 and 410 on the same dyno I whoop him every time, BUT BARELY. Always ends with him telling me I am number #1.

Don't forget, 42s injectors.

42?? I might do 60lbsrs off the bat!

Its doable, and vs and 03 cobra i think it will come down to the driver, but if the cobra has alot done to it then your not gonna keep up

Ya - I know there are always going to be faster cars out there, but I figure if I can scare a few unsuspecting termis . . .and some Vettes :mad: - Id be a happy camper

Basically with your typical H/C/I stang with an s trim blower at 9-12 lbs you are looking at around 415-430 rwhp. Coupled with the fact that your stang should weigh only around 3200 lbs, throw in some 3.55's and youve got a potent combo. You will be right there in terms of hanging with c6's and termis etc...

I MIGHT know someone whos done all the above :D

Man thats encouraging! I would hate to do the work and not be at the level I want to be at!

what if you store away or sell your current motor and trans and put the termi motor and trans in. i would think a stock 03-04 motor in a fox should keep up with a mildly modded 03-04 cobra. (just an idea)

very doable, I assume you have a 5 speed i would buy a new trans slap that V3 on there and enjoy. Keep i under 480 to the wheels and have fun.

keep us updated im very exited about the v3 looks like an easy bolt on upgrade

There are some pessimistic folks in here. 400rwhp will be more than enough to hand a C6 his ass... been there, done that. Stock Cobras will not be much of a race. The rest depends on what you mean by mildly modded. A ported eaton, full bolt-on Cobra will make around 500rwhp. That's going to be a hard car to beat. You can either make more horsepower (460rwhp should be plenty), or lighten the car to less than 3000 lbs - tough with a blower or turbo street fox, but can be done.

Chris

There are some pessimistic folks in here. 400rwhp will be more than enough to hand a C6 his ass... been there, done that. Stock Cobras will not be much of a race. The rest depends on what you mean by mildly modded. A ported eaton, full bolt-on Cobra will make around 500rwhp. That's going to be a hard car to beat. You can either make more horsepower (460rwhp should be plenty), or lighten the car to less than 3000 lbs - tough with a blower or turbo street fox, but can be done.

Chris

A stock Fox's fighting weight puts it at an advantage, I can feel the weight difference between my hatch and my Cobra. It is pretty noticeable, I think a H/C/I 302 with about 8psi of boost is going to do pretty well for itself, but it is pretty easy for a bolt on Cobra (03/04) and C6 to make power. Probably going to come down to driver ability more then anything.

very doable, I assume you have a 5 speed i would buy a new trans slap that V3 on there and enjoy. Keep i under 480 to the wheels and have fun.

keep us updated im very exited about the v3 looks like an easy bolt on upgrade

Yup - I have a refreshed t-5 in the car.

Chris

Midly moded to me meens, Pulley, CAI, Tuner, things that I would say 85% of termis have done at this point.