Far from perfect

Stever89

5 Year Member
Dec 14, 2009
Biloxi, MS
100_1020.jpg

100_1022.jpg

But she's turning heads now... got the 5" tach out and hooked up the stock one, went to the junkyard and got a spare, pwr mirror switch, ashtray and door, lighter etc, fixed the map light, pwr lumbar, glove box light, turn signals, instrument lamps, cleaned up the engine bay (re-routed wires, put them in wire looms etc, touched up the exterior paint and trim, replaced the drip rails, cowling, removed the graphics and lots of other little things that cost very little or nothing at all. Remember I got this car for free, was not running and was in pretty sad shape. I've got right at 200 bucks in her so far. Just a lot of little things, but I'm glad it fell into my hands and left his before it wound up in a junkyard.
View attachment 221969
Found this under the front seat :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

I'd be damn proud of that car, especially for $200. Keep working on it, one good thing of a project like that is you get to mold it into the exact car you wanted. Yeah a lot of stuff has to be replaced and that'll end up costing a lot in the long run but you get it exactly how you want it and by the time you're done you basically have a new car that YOU built to your liking.

Good job so far buddy.

I'd be damn proud of that car, especially for $200. Keep working on it, one good thing of a project like that is you get to mold it into the exact car you wanted. Yeah a lot of stuff has to be replaced and that'll end up costing a lot in the long run but you get it exactly how you want it and by the time you're done you basically have a new car that YOU built to your liking.

Good job so far buddy.

Thanks, and I guess the red stripe will go, but I kinda like it, reminds me of the batmobile :p

I really don't do things in any rational order, especially when it comes to cars. I've been told I'm doing a "Christine"... I'll fix the seats and next I'm rewiring the fuel pump. I don't really know what I'm going for, I guess it's starting to go towards the sleeper look, if you ignore the hood, tires and the way this beast sounds. :D Just no gaudiness, rice, or ghetto. When it comes to Mustangs, when in doubt, go stock. If I stick to that I should be fine :lol:

I've got auto body refinishing experience, I was an auto mechanic for years and now I'm an electronic engineering tech so that's no issues there.

Way down the road I'd love to put Florida guages in there, and maybe reinstall the A/C.

Yes it is, good memory!

Two things I never forget: A lady's name and the specs on a Mustang.

Some degreaser, scotch brite pads and a rattle can would go a long way in that engine bay. Paint up those rusty brackets, you'll be surprised how much better it will look.

Also, is that an unhooked-up A/C compressor? Get that thing out of there if you aren't going to run A/C!

Anyway, things are looking good, man! How does she ride?

Two things I never forget: A lady's name and the specs on a Mustang.

Some degreaser, scotch brite pads and a rattle can would go a long way in that engine bay. Paint up those rusty brackets, you'll be surprised how much better it will look.

Also, is that an unhooked-up A/C compressor? Get that thing out of there if you aren't going to run A/C!

Anyway, things are looking good, man! How does she ride?

10-4 on the underhood cleanup. I'll be on that soon unless the wife gets irritated with me messing with it so much. So far so good. ;)

Yes the AC is unhooked. What's a realistic affordable alternative?

She rides surprisingly good, but a brake upgrade will have to happen.

The GM style HEI is ugly but it is one of the best distributors ever made. DUI and many others get 9000 rpm's out of them. Real easy to adjust the advance with the springs on top also. I have a billet one with MSD stuff but gotta get rid of it because my parker intake and N2O won't clear well enough to time easy other wise I would keep my eye sore.

The car is awesome, I look forward to seeing what you do with it.