"Faster" 351C intake?

Oldskool

Feb 15, 2004
I'm running a moderately aggressive street-driven 351C in a 1970 SportsRoof. (Deails in My Garage) What do you think: Will I see significantly faster acceleration (2500 RPM to 6500 RPM) with the new Edelbrock 351C Performer RPM Airgap intake instead of the current Weiand X-celerator intake? DynoSim indicates that a "dual-plane max-flow" manifold will produce more total power under the torque curve than a "single-plane max-flow" manifold, but I don't have any info on the Performer RPM Airgap manifold. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Oldskool said:
I'm running a moderately aggressive street-driven 351C in a 1970 SportsRoof. (Deails in My Garage) What do you think: Will I see significantly faster acceleration (2500 RPM to 6500 RPM) with the new Edelbrock 351C Performer RPM Airgap intake instead of the current Weiand X-celerator intake? DynoSim indicates that a "dual-plane max-flow" manifold will produce more total power under the torque curve than a "single-plane max-flow" manifold, but I don't have any info on the Performer RPM Airgap manifold. Thanks!
This is a great question. I've seen people brag up the new Eddie intake, but I haven't seen any information about it. I have no idea how anyone knows whether it's any good or not, unless they have one. Maybe someone on this forum has purchased one.

Unfortunately, the Blue Thunder high-rise dual-plane manifold is made for the 4V Cleveland and not the 2V. As for the new Edelbrock 351C 2V RPM Airgap, it's scheduled for release on June 1st. Major mail-order parts vendors will be selling them for around $315 plus shipping. Given the limited choices for a decent 351C 2V dual-plane manifold, I plan to bolt one on to find out whether the RPM Airgap is "faster" than the Weiand X-celerator.