Fel-Pro lock wire gasket HOW DO I INSTALL?

YSRRider

Feb 17, 2002
Illinois
i have the Fel-Pro lock wire gaskets part number i believe is 1006?

using these with trick flow twisted wedge heads. heres my problem... the instructions say to follow what the gaskets say... all it says is "FRONT" on the left side of the gasket. well i know how it goes on the drivers side of the motor but on the passenger side the "FRONT" will be towards the back if i install it so that the printing is face up. the local machine shop says that it has to go FACE UP so that the lock wire works properly.... from my inspection and knowlege of the lock wire, it looks symetrical on top and bottom so i dont think it matters which way it goes, it wil form to the o-ring when you crush it (torque the bolts) my mechanic buddy says that the front has to go towards the front meaning that i have to flip the gasket upside down so that the face is down. :bang: WHICH WAY DOES IT GO GEORGE! WHICH WAY DOES IT GO! :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

also.... I ordered these from Jegs and they didnt list a LEFT AND RIGHT side gasket... im not even sure that they do that with car engines. the only difference that i can see if i put the gasket on face up or face down, on the left side of the gasket there is an opening for a water jacket, the block has the same jacket on both sides of the deck, so the opening will either be towards the back or the front, does it matter?