Few questions and need a little help

MY 85 GT

10 Year Member
Mar 7, 2008
New Jersey
Im selling my 98 GT just well dont like it...lol...And im in the middle of buying a 90 GT 5spd it is chracoal grey with the sliver bottom.,pop up sunroof.It has 17 inch cobra R wheels..The motor is bone stock except for a K&N Filter,70mm TB,BBK shorty headers,It has i think UPR off road X -pipe and Mac cat back..BBK lower spings.and a host of new parts like water pump,alternator,struts,i know the A/C needs to be re-charged thats ok...it has Black interior which i heard is rare dont know about that..LOL..the front seats are re-upolstered in black leather i need to do the rear seats to match no biggie..The car has no rust all orignal panels..My friend which is int he wholesale car business has a special tool to check body panels paint thickness to tell if it was every re-painted or body work and it had none....the only rust is on the rear hatch very little tho...The front bumper cover is a little faded but also no biggie.It has a 6 kenwood speakers,pioneer radio,Built in radar detector,keyless entery/alarm...Ok now the check engine light is on but the car runs awesome..Oh yeah a new cobra clutch too....And the air bag light is blinking...what is that and how can i disable it from doing that...And what can the check engine light be?...The guy wont come down on price..and well i can kinda understand because the car is really in nice shape for a FOX body,they are getting harder and harder to find...So before i tell you price what do you think its worth and are the little problems it has a big deal?...Oh yeah it has like 84,xxx miles ..thanks for any help

• Sponsors (?)

You'll have to pull coded to figure out why the CEL is on...

Other than that it sounds like you're trying to convince yourself it's a good deal

LOL...yeah it is a nice car clean orignal...but i think he asking a little to much for it...he is asking $4800 i bet i can get him down a little..but how much thats a different story...I like the fact the car is unmolested and has every orignal panel and the only rust in on the hatch and its very little...under the doors are perfect ..the floor boards are too...so the only things that bother me a little is the check engine light and the air bag lite blinking...actually i would just get rid of the steering wheel anyways so how do i disable the airbig to put on a grant wheel?.....

car is worth what you will pay for it. I am not sure what foxes are going for over there but here $4800 better be in damn good shape. As far as the CEL like above you'd need to pull the codes. Just saying there is a light on doesnt mean a whole lot. If you are getting rid of the steering wheel then I wouldnt worry about the air bag light. But that could mean it was in an accident as well. good luck with it.

car is worth what you will pay for it. I am not sure what foxes are going for over there but here $4800 better be in damn good shape. As far as the CEL like above you'd need to pull the codes. Just saying there is a light on doesnt mean a whole lot. If you are getting rid of the steering wheel then I wouldnt worry about the air bag light. But that could mean it was in an accident as well. good luck with it.

Thanks Car was never in an accident...thats why i took my friend along that buys cars for a living and he knows excatly what to look for..The owner said it has something to do with the clock spring in the column:shrug: thats why the air bag light is on....For me i want to put a grant wheel on anyways so i can just disable the airbag and kill the light...:)

Just need to remove the air bag brain. Its a blue box behind the radio/heater control area. It prolly is the clock spring its a common problem. The check engine light could be smog codes or a bad sensor. Im sure its nothing bad if the car is running good.

4800 for a rust free fox is pretty good price. Id try to get it for less tho.

Thanks I did ..lol I got it for $4000 pics will be up soon..so i tae the radio out and the brain is behind there? what do i do disconnect the battery and then pull that off or out?