Finally got a new car

BLK_DVL

Sep 18, 2003
Hillsboro, Or
So, first off, I ended up not getting the C6 vette, the dealer had promised me one by this December, but had changed it to March as the earliest. I was not willing to wait that long, and Chevy's roll out of the car sucked donkey balls also. They have more constraints on the car than they know what to do with, so I got mad and went looking at other possible buys.

So naturally my first idea was to go get an 03'-04' Cobra again, but decided not to, cant replace the one I had, and cant see myself paying all over again for what I had done to my other car. Just wouldnt be fair to her :(

Next looked at an 05' Mustang, no way. Just didnt like it. I hope to god that the 07' Cobra is nicer or I will be getting something else, mentioned later in the saga.

Went to other dealers and could not find anything, so I turned ricer (just joking), but I did by an import (shame on me). I bought a fully loaded Infiniti G35 sport coupe, Ivory Pearl Metallic, Willow interior, NAV, heated everything, sport package,all the options, etc. I was really impressed by the looks and feel of the car. It handles like on rails(pulled .91 G in tests), won car of the year, interior is awesome, exterior quality and design great. One good thing besides the service and help you get from Infiniti, which Chevy sucks at, is that I was able to save 10k(40 vs 50k) by buying the G35 instead of the vette. This will be prove very much better since I am buying a house in March. Some of you may not like imports, but this car is sweet, and I am not one to rice out a car. I like the looks, and the women do too, I never got this much attention in the Cobra(dont ask me why),even though it may not be good for me now that Im married :bang:

Another added thing into my deal was that I would get first dibs on one of the Skyline GTR350's (twin turbo version) that should be offered to the US in 07' or 08', but will be badged as an Infiniti GTR350. For those of you that know, the Infiniti G35 is the Nissan Skyline in Japan. Same exact car. So with that said, if the new Cobra doesnt look good, look for a twin turbo Skyline in the area in a few years. :shrug:
pics below

• Sponsors (?)

So these are not my car, but set up the same way. I plan on getting a subwoofer system added very soon to my 8 speaker Bose interior. Just had my windows tinted to 5%.

I am also getting a front chin spolier, looking at the import parts is hard, so many riced out ones. Looking for something classy, maybe Greddy, JDM, etc.

Other than that, just some minor tweaks, power will stay where its at. I believe it is rated 298hp 260trq so its not bad. My next car will get the power increase, that way i can concentrate on house stuff instead of mods.

447454_11_350.jpg

71453105.jpg

craigdred01.jpg

craigdred09.jpg

craigdred05.jpg

Thanks for the compliments :nice:

Jon: Your car done yet? Ill show you mine if you show me yours, lol. You do owe me a ride still!

Misha: Ya too bad about the coach leather, I think I might have opt'ed for the cloth seats in that case :banana: Ya she likes this car alot, mainly becuase she can actually drive this one(dont know if thats a good or bad thing yet). The Cobra was a bit too scary for her, but she loved it when it was slow and stock.

I looked at the 350Z's before I got the Cobra and liked it although no rear seats were a turnoff. When the G35's came out I already had the Cobra but I think they are better than the 350Z imho. The 350Z is the one to put GREDDY stickers all over while the G35 is the one to drive to the opera. Both get the job done but one is a little more refined.

That being said, give me a tire smoking, gas guzzling, V8 muscle car any day of the week... :flag:

jordanvraptor said:
I looked at the 350Z's before I got the Cobra and liked it although no rear seats were a turnoff. When the G35's came out I already had the Cobra but I think they are better than the 350Z imho. The 350Z is the one to put GREDDY stickers all over while the G35 is the one to drive to the opera. Both get the job done but one is a little more refined.

That being said, give me a tire smoking, gas guzzling, V8 muscle car any day of the week... :flag:

I hear what you are saying, my friend has a 350Z, nice car, but just doesnt do it for me. The G's styling has always impressed me, but after I drove it I immediately knew it would be my next car. Its not a Cobra as far as speed, but a way more refined car. It will be a nice break before I get into another mustang hopefully in 07.

Keith you missed a word in you post.