Finally got a new car

• Sponsors (?)

SonicBSnake said:
So, first off, I ended up not getting the C6 vette, the dealer had promised me one by this December, but had changed it to March as the earliest. I was not willing to wait that long, and Chevy's roll out of the car sucked donkey balls also. They have more constraints on the car than they know what to do with, so I got mad and went looking at other possible buys.

So naturally my first idea was to go get an 03'-04' Cobra again, but decided not to, cant replace the one I had, and cant see myself paying all over again for what I had done to my other car. Just wouldnt be fair to her :(

Next looked at an 05' Mustang, no way. Just didnt like it. I hope to god that the 07' Cobra is nicer or I will be getting something else, mentioned later in the saga.

Went to other dealers and could not find anything, so I turned ricer (just joking), but I did by an import (shame on me). I bought a fully loaded Infiniti G35 sport coupe, Ivory Pearl Metallic, Willow interior, NAV, heated everything, sport package,all the options, etc. I was really impressed by the looks and feel of the car. It handles like on rails(pulled .91 G in tests), won car of the year, interior is awesome, exterior quality and design great. One good thing besides the service and help you get from Infiniti, which Chevy sucks at, is that I was able to save 10k(40 vs 50k) by buying the G35 instead of the vette. This will be prove very much better since I am buying a house in March. Some of you may not like imports, but this car is sweet, and I am not one to rice out a car. I like the looks, and the women do too, I never got this much attention in the Cobra(dont ask me why),even though it may not be good for me now that Im married :bang:

Another added thing into my deal was that I would get first dibs on one of the Skyline GTR350's (twin turbo version) that should be offered to the US in 07' or 08', but will be badged as an Infiniti GTR350. For those of you that know, the Infiniti G35 is the Nissan Skyline in Japan. Same exact car. So with that said, if the new Cobra doesnt look good, look for a twin turbo Skyline in the area in a few years. :shrug:
pics below
i prob. should keep my mouth shut and not even post this but......... i thought sonicbluesnake was joe skinner???????? :shrug: :shrug: i'm bad with names tho so sorry if i insulted you aint that right keith (dunner)<~~~i dont even think thats right :D :bang: :chair: see ya guy's tomorrow night at S/B are you guy's showing up misha? peace

john :shrug:

Darkness said:
Nice car, but how long till you put a turbo kit in that? I've seen them on Turbo magazine put down insane amounts of power.

Ya Ive been reading up on these cars and it seems that the Greddy kit for them makes some decent power levels.There are also tons of other options such as the Stillen Superchargers, and others I cant pronounce.I promised I would not do anything to the car like that until later on, but you never know I will probally get my ass handed to me me by a local 03' and force me to do something like that to keep up

SonicBSnake said:
but you never know I will probally get my ass handed to me me by a local 03' and force me to do something like that to keep up

Or by an STi. HAHAH JK LOL.

Nice choice!

You working Sat night? I was going to head out from work aroun 9pm and go to S/B for an hour or two, then go back to work. Maybe we can play tag on the freeway on the way down there.

909 said:
Or by an STi. HAHAH JK LOL.

Nice choice!

You working Sat night? I was going to head out from work aroun 9pm and go to S/B for an hour or two, then go back to work. Maybe we can play tag on the freeway on the way down there.

No fair you already modded your car, plus you would take me stock. Im thinking a power adder is going to be a must eventually. At least I can look good while driving slow for now:nonono: Oh oh sounds like something a ricer would say lol

I might be able to pull off a few hours in the beginning of shift depending on how busy it is. It seems we are the only ones doing anything in that place. Cant wait until all the other techs for ramp get in so I can get off the floor for good.

duner said:
Jesse time for a sig update

Your right, thanks, you guys going to starbucks or something this friday? I am not working this weekend so maybe I can show you the new wheels.

Want to know how different this car is? Instead of spending a bunch of money on performance parts, i just spent it to upgrade the audio system. For 2 years with my Cobra I never did anything to the interior of the car. Man how things change. just ordered a new component 6.5'' set for the fronts Infinty Perfects, and a 10 inch sub for the rear, and some new mids for the back seat for back fill. Should sound decent, just hope it is not obnoxious. Just wanted some decent tunes for the 1 minute ride to work.