Finally got another mustang!

7000rpmisheaven

Founding Member
Mar 1, 2002
After being mustangless for almost two years I finally have another one. I had an 85 that I loved and have always been very fond of the fox bodies. I would say that they are my favorite but now I'm not so sure. I got my hands on a rio red 2000 GT with 18k miles. I'm impressed by it. Its better than my old 5.0 in every way. Its faster than my 85 was, handles better, looks better, gets much better mileage. I wanted to ask you guys if I got a decent deal. I got this mustang with 18k at a chrysler dealership for 13.5k. The salesman said that no one had been looking at it because they go there to look at chryslers.

Also what are some good modifications to start with? I don't know as much about the 4.6 as I know about the 5.0. What are the biggest/cheapest bottlenecks?

• Sponsors (?)

if your looking to mod, inexpensively i would say start with the mid pipe. farley cheap espescially if you pick up a used one. the car stock has to many catalytic converters that really hold the hp. all the aftermarket ones have 2 (for emissions) or none if you are not worried about emissions. also a good place to start if you got a warrenty because they really dont care about the exhause being done at ford dealers. if no warrenty id say midpipe and plentum should get good power for cheap. if you got a lot of money to spend then the sequence changes