Finally got money saved up

KrazZ27

Feb 16, 2008
My 94 gt has been good to me so far with misc. bolt ons. However, i am ready to ditch my old 302 and upgrade it. I have 8k saved up with that being said what would you guys do if you were in my shoes. I'm about 30 miles from a circuit track and would love to be able to take it out there from time to time and have some fun with it. Let me know what your opinions are... thanks

• Sponsors (?)

do you want boost, or stay naturally aspirated?

i'd drop in 351 windsor (left at 351 cubes) with about 9.5:1 CR, set up to spin to 7000 rpm and get a centrifugal supercharger and 3.73 gears.

that baby would run all day, get decent gas mileage, and drive like a stocker until you stomp on the skinny pedal.

I agree with BlackVert...except the 351 conversion might eat up all (or most of) the money by itself so you might wanna take it a few steps at a time. And that way you'll get to see the performance changes. I'd say do an HCI with a nitrous shot for now. And upgrade your suspension and brakes....

Hey thanks for the compliment BlackVert! I do plan on a S/C in the future. I would like some better heads (maybe the RPMs) and a better cam so I'll probably do that before the blower. But I gotta say, your set-up looks tight. I would have gone a similar route if I had done my engine from the ground up.

Find a built 351 that someone didn't have the money to complete. They are usually thousands cheaper than going and building it yourself with brand new parts. There are many people out there who are losing their jobs and are having to sell their toys to pay the bills. You can really luck out if you keep your eyes open. Same with a blower, they are out there for a steal if you look.

I myself could EASILY convert to a 351 and boost it for under 8k. Personally I'm really leaning toward a mid 90's Lightning long block (can be had for around 1500 bucks) and throwing a supercharger on it. Fun all day long and probably around 4500 total investment.

Go pound through the classifieds on the corral. I'm blown away with how much stuff is getting dumped there. You can get a great engine all done and assembled that's never been started for about 2/3 of what it cost to build it new.

Kurt