Finally Got My '89 Lx Running! :)

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks guys.

hoopty5.0, it's an SFI 25.2. It's overkill, but it makes me feel safe in the car. Yes, if I can drive it to the track, run an 8.99, and drive it home, I'll consider the project a success. It should be faster though.

NIKwoaC, "fapsplosion" :lol: I laughed so hard I almost choked! Anyway, MPR 427", F1-R, DYNAMIC M2X6 trans, Strange 9", UPR suspension, Strange brakes, HoleShot Wheels, M/T tires, Aeromotive fuel, standalone EFI, Rogue RaceCars chassis, Tig Vision exhaust, etc.

srtthis, Matt's my boy. I won't dog him. I believe he's been 9.70s, so I need to get my act together. He took me over to the east coast to pick up the car though. He's a great guy. We may end up hitting the track together with my car until he gets his L back together.

Anyway, for those of you that liked the first start up video, here's the latest video from this morning. I pulled the car out to turn it around and line it up closer to the wall. I'm in the process of making enough room in the garage for both Mustangs. So here's the "first drive", if you can call it that.

Sounds good, pretty similar to mine only I am down quite a few cubes. Foolish question but I havent been able to figure it out. I also run a procharger red bov and you can barely hear mine reving the motor, no where near the amount of yours. It is operating correctly though. Odd. What pulleys are you running?

Sounds good, pretty similar to mine only I am down quite a few cubes. Foolish question but I havent been able to figure it out. I also run a procharger red bov and you can barely hear mine reving the motor, no where near the amount of yours. It is operating correctly though. Odd. What pulleys are you running?

Hmmm, I think the pulleys were 77/44? Whatever it was, it redlines the F1-R Gen2. I'm running an air to air and the "Open Race" BOV, which is mounted right before the intercooler underneath the driver's side headlight. It blows so much air at idle, you can feel it on your feet when you walk around the front of the car.

I bet that's it. The intercooler would stabilize the airflow, I'm sure.

They told me to put it before the intercooler so that the intercooler wouldn't soak up any heat that it didn't need to.

I had asked about that over on the bullet and they all said the same thing just never got around to swapping it to the other side. Sorry for hijacking btw.