FINALLY! Got my car in paint a couple weeks ago!

zookeeper

Founding Member
Aug 25, 2001
Rogue River, Oregon
Just in case anyone was wondering if my car dropped off the face of the earth, I got it in paint (only 2 1/2 years!) a couple weeks back and got the stripes on last weekend. Now comes the fun of putting every part I took off to do the bodywork back on. I hope to have it complete by April '06.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks guys! It's my first paint job and I originally wanted to go with blue as the main color, but I decided to go with white because there are already two blue with white stripes fastbacks in the area. But it's taken me sooooo long to get this far, I doubt either of those cars will be running by the time I get it finished!

Thanks, yes it's my first paint job and it was painted right where it's sitting in the pics. I spent a LOT of time getting the shelby parts to fit and when during the times I was out of money, I spent time reading books and watching videos of painting. I think I've got about $1,000 in materials and I applied it all (primer, too) with a $150 Devilbiss gun. I borrowed a fresh air system from work (very necessary with urethane clears), cleaned the snot out of the garage (even tho it doesn't look like it now!) and gave it my best. I made a couple boo-boos, but nothing major. I used all House of Kolor stuff and would use them again in a heartbeat. Their tech line is the best! I don't know if all bc/cc paints are that easy to use, but House of Kolor's stuff is great for a rookie like me!

damn Zoo, looks very good man, i'd always wanted to paint mine but i just didn't have a plcae to put it to do the work. our last rental house we were in had a very nice 2 car garage that gave me plenty of room to work, but i can't even get the car in this garage. oh well there will be other projects down the road