Finally Got Screwed, Number and Pics

what9612

Apr 11, 2005
Warren, MI
Last month i bought a used 1.7L Kenne Bell for my 00 GT and i finally got it installed. I just got my car back yesterday and this was the best money i ever spent. If you are thinking about doing it, JUST DO IT! I have an 11 pound pulley on it but the tuner said he could only get it to make 9.5

Some of the details: SVT Focus Fuel Pump, Lightning MAF, 42 LB injectors

365 RWHP
411 Torque

DynoChart.jpg

1.jpg

2-1.jpg

Please No 4x4 Jokes i got H&R supersports, ill put them on in the summer
3.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Congrats. I remember how I felt when I first drove my KB GT, still can't wipe the smile off of my face everytime I think about it. It looks like you have the stock air intake, shouldn't you have left the air filter in the stock air box? I know that KB stresses over and over again in their paperwork about no exposed under-hood air filters/cold air intakes.

Its not the stock air filter, its an aftermarket K&N, that the shop supplied for it. And my intercool when its pumping is really loud. Is it suppsoe to make noise? When i first drove it i never heard it then i went for a blast and i could hear it, it sounds like an air compressor filling up.

That's sweet dude:hail2: Now you can take it out for some off road action :rlaugh: JK!!!:p

Wow that is so weird, I was gonna say the exact same thing and with the same smilies :eek:

Bet you cant wait for nice weather so you can really get into it:nice:
I hope to have the 2.1 by fall this year. Is that the intercooled kit?

Almost forgot the most popular question for a person with a new supercharger, how much did it cost? :rlaugh:

Its not the stock air filter, its an aftermarket K&N, that the shop supplied for it. QUOTE]

I have a K&N air filter as well but KB suggests that you do not leave it exposed under the hood. I'm talking about the black cylinder housing that goes over the air filter.

yes it is intercooled, and my kit total with the shop buying missing parts was $3400. But i cant say how much the install was cuz if my gf sees this im dead. :nono:

Dude I was just kidding, someone always seems to ask that when someone else gets a supercharger :rlaugh: I always thought it was in bad taste but thanks for sharing :nice:

$3400 sounds like a killer deal though, my KB kit without an intercooler will cost $3700.

Did you get a used one?

I have a K&N air filter as well but KB suggests that you do not leave it exposed under the hood. I'm talking about the black cylinder housing that goes over the air filter.

They probably don't want you running an open element filter because it would lean out KB's supplied tune. But since he's running a custom tune, it's not a problem. I'm ran an open element filter on my set up all last season, with several WOT blasts and I've got no issues.
$3400 sounds like a killer deal though, my KB kit without an intercooler will cost $3700.

Did you get a used one?

Last month i bought a used 1.7L Kenne Bell for my 00 GT and i finally got it installed.
;)