Finally got the car back!!!

2L8ULUZ2

Will kiss Moderator ass for title
Founding Member
Sep 24, 2000
WNC
For those that dont know the car was in a little wreck a few months ago and I finally got it back on the road Friday. I was a little disgused over the wreck and not on here that much since it happened. Anyway, everything is great with it but the damn TPS. It was acting up and I put a new one on it and now it is also holding at 4.7 volts at idle and I cannot get it to come down. This is a brand new sensor and I have no idea what is going on with it. Anybody got any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

Yea the wreck thing really sucked. I had a 87yo woman pull out in front of me and could not get stopped. The damage was only to the front bumper cover and the supports. Ok now the tps thing. This has been pissing me off for a few months now. I replaced it with another one from the parts store today. After resetting the computer I got the voltage down to .996 and it went to 4.89 at WOT. Drove fine for about half a mile and then it was back to the flashing check engine light and an occasional high idle and now it is studdering under light acceleration almost like the voltage is cutting in and out. Plus it is causing a extreme rich problem as well. Since the last two TPS that I have used are aftermarket GP Sorenson crap I think that I am going to replace it with a FMS one and see if that helps. I was also thinking that maybe I need to replace the connector for the TPS sensor too. As far as probing I use the middle wire of the three and it has always worked before. This is about all I have tried so far but I am open to any and all ideas as to what could be causing this. Oh does anyone have a diagram of the wiring to the tps and any fuses or otherwise that is in line with it? I am kinda looking for something to look over and see where the wires come from to help out with my thinking.