Finally installed my springs (pics!!)

Just finished installing my Eibach Pro-kit. Managed to finish it really fast with a buddy, (thanks to parchisi, from the 94-95 section. I took the isolaters out, and I think it'll settle some more, but I'm already happy with the difference. Also cleaned her up a little and took a few pics. Let me know what ya think.

BEFORE:
DSC00528.jpg

AFTER:
DSC00530.jpg

A few pics around the academy grounds:
DSC00538.jpg

DSC00543.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00528.jpg
    DSC00528.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC00530.jpg
    DSC00530.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC00538.jpg
    DSC00538.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC00543.jpg
    DSC00543.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 107
  • Sponsors (?)

35mm sidewall? how do you figure that?
I always thought that the sidewall was measured in mm.

35 = 35 percent of the width IIRC not 35mm
Thanks for clearing that up. You totally just schooled me ;) Now it makes sense why my 295's have a taller sidewall than my 265's.

A 35 sidewall is what you're supposed to run on a 18" tire :shrug: I have SuperSports on mine and LOVE them
Look at this gap, man, it's insanely huge:
dadcam016fz5.jpg

Attachments

• dadcam016fz5.jpg
    dadcam016fz5.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 101
To everyone who said my car would drop more, you were right. At first, I could fit 4 fingers between the rear fender and wheel, and tonight, I could just fit 3 in. However, I also found myself in a parking lot tonight, with every exit blocked with a speed bump. Chalk up a few scratches on my midpipe for me! Its well worth it though, I think my car looks 100% better than when it was a 4x4.

God I love Colorado Springs ..in the summer..i miss Frt carson...by the way car looks 100x times better..how do you like the ride quality..??

Yeah, so far, I like Colorado Springs too. I grew up in Minnesota, so the winters here are nothing compared to what i'm used to, even being about 500 feet from the mountains. The summers are amazing, never hot, or humid.

To be honest with you, I've only driven my car twice since I put the springs in. I notice the bumps in the road more, obviously, but I got the progressive rate springs, so it is definitely not very bad at all. I bet after a few weeks, I won't even notice it anymore. The car seems tighter in the corners. I had fun weaving through the gate barricades, but I hafta be careful on base, my exhaust draws more attention than I like sometimes. And I most definitely noticed the new ride height when I had to navigate through a parking lot with 30 billion frickin speed bumps. More importantly, I love how it looks. :nice:

Yeah, so far, I like Colorado Springs too. I grew up in Minnesota, so the winters here are nothing compared to what i'm used to, even being about 500 feet from the mountains. The summers are amazing, never hot, or humid.

To be honest with you, I've only driven my car twice since I put the springs in. I notice the bumps in the road more, obviously, but I got the progressive rate springs, so it is definitely not very bad at all. I bet after a few weeks, I won't even notice it anymore. The car seems tighter in the corners. I had fun weaving through the gate barricades, but I hafta be careful on base, my exhaust draws more attention than I like sometimes. And I most definitely noticed the new ride height when I had to navigate through a parking lot with 30 billion frickin speed bumps. More importantly, I love how it looks. :nice:
Grr. I HATE YOU ALL!!! I am currently saving up for my H&Rs. BLECH! My suspension is going to cost around $981 for springs, shocks/struts, and LCAs. I already got the MM XL FL SFCs install, WOOOOOOOT!

Btw...your stance look very nice, if I hadn't said that already. ;)

Grr. I HATE YOU ALL!!! I am currently saving up for my H&Rs. BLECH! My suspension is going to cost around $981 for springs, shocks/struts, and LCAs. I already got the MM XL FL SFCs install, WOOOOOOOT!

Btw...your stance look very nice, if I hadn't said that already. ;)

Damn thats a pretty penny. Get your springs at tirerack.com, shocks/struts on Ebay, and LCA's at American Muscle. I would think it would be a bit less than that but i guess it depends on which LCA's/ Shocks and Struts you get.

Here ya go bud:

MM LCA's (americanmuscle.com w/ 6% discount) $244.35 shipped

H&R SuperSports (tirerack.com) $239 shipped

Tokico Illumina 5-way Adj Shocks/Struts (ebay.com) $439 shipped

There ya go, a grand total of only $922.35, gotsta look around a bit but i hope that helps. :nice:

No wonder you always have your top down in your pics! IT'S TAN!!! BWAHAHAHHAHAHA!

:p

Here ya go bud:

MM LCA's (americanmuscle.com w/ 6% discount) $244.35 shipped

H&R SuperSports (tirerack.com) $239 shipped

Tokico Illumina 5-way Adj Shocks/Struts (ebay.com) $439 shipped

There ya go, a grand total of only $922.35, gotsta look around a bit but i hope that helps. :nice:
Thanks man, but StangSuspension.com WILL NOT be beat by ANYONE...hands down. :d

Also, I forgot to add in the MM C/C plates :(

Here are the prices from StangSuspension.com (after 5% discount):

MM Standard Lower Control Arms Black - For 79-98 Mustangs - $225.58
H&R Super Sport Springs - 94-04 Mustang Convertibles - $213.70
Complete Bilstein Front & Rear Strut/Shock Package - For 94-04 Mustangs - $496.19
MM Caster Camber Plates - For 94-04 Mustangs - $180.45
Subtotal - $1112.92
Shipping - $49.06
Total - $1161.98

Here are the prices from AmericanMuscle.com (after 6% discount):

Maximum Motorsports Rear Lower Control Arms (79-98) - 234.95
H&R Sport Springs (96-04) - $234.06
Bilstein Shock & Strut Package (94-04) - $563.99
Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber Plates (94-04) - $187.95
Total - $1220.95

Attachments

• CIMG1937.jpg