Finally joining the V6 club! :D

NDguy

Oct 25, 2004
Hey guys, well today me and my father took my 1993 Volvo 940 to the ford dealership. I've been noticing a few problems lately on my car so before any of it got worse I decided to trade it in! The good news was they had a very slightly used '05 V6 Mineral Grey stang that was just traded in as well! So after a little chat with the dealer I traded in my car and managed to get the Stang for 16k!:cheers:

If all goes well with insurance I'll be picking her up Monday! I'll be sure to post pictures.

• Sponsors (?)

NDguy said:
Hey guys, well today me and my father took my 1993 Volvo 940 to the ford dealership. I've been noticing a few problems lately on my car so before any of it got worse I decided to trade it in! The good news was they had a very slightly used '05 V6 Mineral Grey stang that was just traded in as well! So after a little chat with the dealer I traded in my car and managed to get the Stang for 16k!:cheers:

If all goes well with insurance I'll be picking her up Monday! I'll be sure to post pictures.

Sounds like you got a great deal! Welcome to :SNSign:

NDguy said:

yes, welcome aboard!!

:D Excellent and welcome! You've chosen wisely when it comes to insurance..the V6 is going to help your rates a good bit compared to the V8.

We have an 05 V6 Convertible in Mineral Gray and love it! You'll love yours too, I'm sure.

Well, almost time to figure out if I'm getting it or not but I need help with this whole insurance ordeal. I'm 17 years old, male, living in New Jersey(insurance rape capital of the world) and I have a clean driving record. I was just curious to know if anyone knew how much they think this is going to cost? I've got the the good student discount, the drivers ed break, and there was some security thing the dealer said he could put on the window of the car that would help drive the rate down just slightly, I can't remember what he called it he asked me if I wanted it as I was paying for it so I said yes, seeing as it'll bring my insurance down. I was also considering switching to Geico as I've read some other things on the internet that people were getting some pretty low rates from them. Anyone know what else I could do to get the insurance to go a little lower?

I think you can take a defensive driving course, look at the dmv web site for courses near you. Last time I read it, it was good for 6 extra points on your driving record...which will help a lot on your insurance rates.

I need to do it myself actually.

Welcome to the site. Mineral Grey is one of my favorite colors (grey or grey metallic) on a stang. If what you are talking about is window etching I don't think I would bother as I don't think it will bring down your insurance rates that much. If the car has an alarm in it that will though! You might want to go online under GOOGLE and type in "auto insurance" and then fill in some applications online and see who gives you the best rate. I found Liberty Mutual online and they are nationwide and they gave me much better rates then Geico, but from what I understand different companies give different rates in different parts of the states so Geico might be cheaper than Liberty Mutual (or maybe not). It is worth it to check though. Also, my daughter who is 20 years old is on my policy which makes it cheaper for her (but not for me), it brings my rates up crapola !!! Anyways, if you get the car enjoy and come back to this site as there is much you can learn about the new breed of Stang!!!