Finally ran my car

Winters98GT

Whoop...whoop-whoop-whoop-whoop...GANGNAM STYLE!!!
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
H Town
well, Ive had this old 1997 gt for about a year now. Originally, I was going to make it my third headswap/cam car and shoot for mid 12's. Plans changed.....

I visited my parents in san antonio, and was bored today. I decided to take the car out to SAR tonight. The first time I have run a car in many years. The car had an bbk h pipe on it, but I swapped it back for the stock one. So, the car is bone stock, right down to the paper filter. The car has the crappy 2.73 gear in it and 155k on the odometer. The car also has a broken motor mount, and exhuast leak.

run 1
75.57mph
94.74mph

run 2
74.43mph
none
94.48mph

Ive used to running on a well prepped track. SAR was impossible to hook up on. Slick cars were spinning uncontrolably. I have never seen that many cars have such a hard time in one night.

Thought Id share some more slow mustang times with yall!

• Sponsors (?)

When I read the title to the thread I was somewhat upset since I didn't receive a pm. I was going to head out to the track tonight :rlaugh: but now see it was at SAR.

When are you coming back to Houston to fix the car? Stop vette hunting and work on your little NPI ;)

When I read the title to the thread I was somewhat upset since I didn't receive a pm. I was going to head out to the track tonight :rlaugh: but now see it was at SAR.

When are you coming back to Houston to fix the car? Stop vette hunting and work on your little NPI ;)

Ill be back in Houston.....soon enough to put a real gear and some rubber on her and lay the :chair: on ya!

JK, looks like the car is doing great, shoot me a pm.

Ill be back in Houston.....soon enough to put a real gear and some rubber on her and lay the :chair: on ya!

JK, looks like the car is doing great, shoot me a pm.

hey man we need to meet up at baytown with the rest of us houston stangers sometime

do you remember me? I met you while i was getting my car inspected haha, had to pay 120$ for that sticker

:rlaugh: Yeah you must if you are cutting 2.6 60's ;) So much for people thinking it's an actual cobra since you have the emblems and all :(

Let's get a Houston meet up ASAP while the weather isn't 100+ yet.

You've got some mph for a couple good times. When my GT was bone stock, I ran a 14.67 @94, and that was with a 2.2-something 60' time as the track sucked. Put the BBK pipe back on. I gained .2 and 2mph just from that.

With only the H-pipe, I ran a 14.27, which is as good as some people get with a PI car.