Finishing my engine build, a couple last questions

BlackBaer5.0

Nov 26, 2003
Well its taken 2 years, but my project is complete and ready to go into my stang..

1. where does the O2 ground (orage wire) wire/ring ground to ?

2. Do I bolt the main engine ground strap to the head?

3 On my cobra intake, drivers side under the upper plennum, in the lower manifold, it looks like a vacume port or coolant port, what is it and where does it go?

4 what kind/weght oil should I use for initial start up, I was just going to go with some 10w30 Kendall green oil ....ok? or no

thanks
Geoffrey

• Sponsors (?)

BlackBaer5.0 said:
Well its taken 2 years, but my project is complete and ready to go into my stang..

1. where does the O2 ground (orage wire) wire/ring ground to ?

2. Do I bolt the main engine ground strap to the head?

3 On my cobra intake, drivers side under the upper plennum, in the lower manifold, it looks like a vacume port or coolant port, what is it and where does it go?

4 what kind/weght oil should I use for initial start up, I was just going to go with some 10w30 Kendall green oil ....ok? or no

1. Not sure what exactly you mean on that one.
2. Yes
3. Well on the upper intake the fitting is for a hose that goes to the plastic tree on the firewall. On the lower intake (i would have to see it to be 100%) but it should go back into the upper intake. Those are the fat rubber vacuum hoses. The skinny ones are also vacuum hoses but they go to the passenger side for the smog pump and emmisions standards.
4. I would say thinner oil would be better break-in oil, don't quote me on that. But the recommended oil for a stock 5.0L from Ford is 10w30.