Firewall adjuster and TOB constant noise...

IrocTD

Aug 7, 2006
Ok so I had a new clutch put in.

Well the stock quadrant wasn't holding any settings so I bought a Fiore quadrant and firewall adjuster with the genuine ford cable. I just got done putting all those in. I do have a LDC Clutch Freeplay Mod on it as well.

Here are my problems...

When the car is out of gear and the clutch is out (without my foot on it) I get what sounds like the TOB singing constantly. If I put my foot on the clutch pedal and push in just about a inch or so it shuts up. This is all sitting in the driveway. When I drive it the TOB sings all the way down the road when the clutch is out.

Right now I can see 5/8" of the firewall adjuster's threads. If I pull on the cable housing it will not budge. So the firewall adjuster must be turned out enough so that it is pulling on the fork and holding tension on it. At this setting it pretty much feels like it felt before I had this work done and it goes into gear fine. At this setting it has the singing noise.

The installation sheet I have says....
The TOB should be just off the PP fingers. In other words, you should be able to move the fork back and forth a little. An 1/8 inch gap is sufficient. This should translate to about one inch free play at the top of the pedal.

One problem is if I turn the firewall adjuster in (so I see less threads) it eventually becomes impossible to put it into gear. But if turned in enough the singing noise goes away.

When I test drive it, all seems fine besides the singing noise.

I notice while driving it, if I push down on the clutch pedal 0.5-1 inch it will stop the singing noise.

Anyone have any insight?

• Sponsors (?)