First '15 Parking Lot Victim?

justinakajuice

Jan 20, 2015
Came out of CVS to find a note and a new racing stripe on my car. At least I had two weeks with her before it happened. At least it wasn't a hit and run. Now the quarter panel and bumper have to be painted. I was even parked on the white line on the passenger side so this took some real skill to pull off.
20150203_121827.jpg
20150203_121715.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

At least its going to the Ford dealership where my good friend is a painter. I know he will do it right and it will last a lifetime. Its one of those jobs that could be half-assed and painted on the car with blends all over the place.

Straight depressing, cruddy feeling seeing that. I hit it with some spray detailer that hid about half of it. Still there, but not as much white. Looks like his mirror might have scuffed the top of my mirror, too, but the clay bar took car of most of that. Could have been a lot worse.

I rarely take either to a parking lot........................but if & when I do, I park so far away from everybody and everything, that nobody parks next to me.
.........................People are lazy, you can depend on that.

Got ya beat my friend, some sack of crap hit mine last Saturday night at the bar. Not quite as bad as your, but still a $700 bill to fix. They backed into the rear passenger corner of the bumper and left a few big gashes. I even parked out in the middle of nowhere, I don't even know how someone could have hit it. Absolutely sickening, the car only had 800 miles on it. What I wouldn't give for a factory alarm with proximity cameras...

Got ya beat my friend, some sack of crap hit mine last Saturday night at the bar. Not quite as bad as your, but still a $700 bill to fix. They backed into the rear passenger corner of the bumper and left a few big gashes. I even parked out in the middle of nowhere, I don't even know how someone could have hit it. Absolutely sickening, the car only had 800 miles on it. What I wouldn't give for a factory alarm with proximity cameras...
Man, I am truly sorry to hear that. Why must people rough up our new Mustangs? Shoot, the v6 base '14 I traded for this (failed wife car) didn't even have its first payment on it and a battery cover flew off a truck and went up and over my car. Broken tag bracket, marks in the bumper, hood, windshield, roof, decklid and quarter. Most of it cleaned up and buffed out, but there was still paintwork in the front. People have been telling me I need to stop buying new Mustangs! I'm beginning to believe it!

Anyway, I hope they left you their info. If you are around the D.C. area, I know a ton of people in the paint industry and can set you up with the right shop.

I don't understand folks... I really don't... Stuff like this really bothers me.

My daily driver (bought new) is a 2008 Chevy Malibu LTZ (3.8 V6). I really like the car, it's black flake with red/black leather interior.
I parked it in the middle of no-where, and sure enough, I come out of the store and a 1982 Dodge Omni (looked like it had been through the war) was parked within INCHES of my BU. The whole lot was empty!

I never take my Stang anywhere I can't see it, which means I don't use it much... It's a garage queen. There are a few "mementos" left by ignorant people though.... They're really small (few ding's) and I plan on getting them fixed someday.

At least they were kind enough to leave you a note and you can get it fixed at the shop of your choosing on their dime.