First Ever Mustang

EOMFD-Niko

Active User
Feb 4, 2017
hello everyone!
I'm excited to become a mustang owner. I'm from Las Vegas , NV originally but I am currently living in Germany.

I've had a few different cars over the years. Had a 1969 AMC ambassador SST, 95 bonneville SSEI, 86 dodge Daytona turbo Z, 89 firebird formula L98, 08 dodge nitro, and finally a 2014 focus ST.

I've had my focus for about 2 years now. It's been a very fun car and I've even gotten to drive it on the nurbergring. However, I've had the itch for a mustang for a while now so I decided to just go for it. Monday I turn in my focus to the dealership then wednesday I drive to the delivery port to pick up my 17 mustang gt premium. Unfortunately I don't have any pics of the mustang yet. I'll get a ton when I get to the port Wednesday.

Back in the states I still have my firebird, I'll have to cover her eyes when I roll up the in a mustang haha.

Glad to be hear and looking forward to the discussions!

Attachments

• IMG_1824.JPG
    IMG_1824.JPG
    263.6 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0143.JPG
    IMG_0143.JPG
    896.5 KB · Views: 117
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Welcome to stangnet.

Are you in the military?

A brand spanking new mustang, huh? You're going to love it, let us know what it'll do on the autobahn!:burnout:

Look around our S550 subforums, you'll get lots of help from fellow owners there.

Do post pictures when you pick it up, we love pictures here.

Yep getting a brand new one! And yes I am in the military.

It's US spec, so no worries on all the modifying. It's crazy to buy a mustang out here German spec, they run over 60k!

Crazy to buy Euro spec due to German prices? You should visit the Netherlands, and then feel REAL happy to return to Germany if you look at the cost of a Mustang.

I just checked the 2017 pricelist for the Mustang in The Netherlands. CO2 is a real impact on the cost of the purchase here. Note that these are the BASE prices. There is NOTHING added from the options list to these.

Ecoboost, Coupe, Manual - 57.2k euro
Ecoboost, Coupe, Auto - 81.2k euro (due to more CO2 emissions)
Ecoboost, Convertible, Manual - 63.6k euro
Ecoboost, Convertible, Auto - 85.3k euro (due to more CO2 emissions)

If we go for the GT, like you have on order it gets worse:

GT, Coupe, Manual - 119.6k euro
GT, Coupe, Auto - 113.0k euro (apparently it emits less CO2 than the manual)
GT, Convertible, Manual - 127.0k euro
GT, Convertible, Auto - 120.9k euro (apparently it emits less CO2 than the manual)

For the US folk, feel free to convert at http://www.xe.com/ - All prices are between 65.7k dollars, all the way up to 136.9k dollars.

So yeah, at 60k I'd still consider the GT a steal. But then in the Netherlands, I'd still have to pay for the licenseplate, which would mark up the value to the denoted prices.

Anyway... looking forward to pics, and hope you enjoy driving that on the Autobahn :)

Crazy to buy Euro spec due to German prices? You should visit the Netherlands, and then feel REAL happy to return to Germany if you look at the cost of a Mustang.

I just checked the 2017 pricelist for the Mustang in The Netherlands. CO2 is a real impact on the cost of the purchase here. Note that these are the BASE prices. There is NOTHING added from the options list to these.

Ecoboost, Coupe, Manual - 57.2k euro
Ecoboost, Coupe, Auto - 81.2k euro (due to more CO2 emissions)
Ecoboost, Convertible, Manual - 63.6k euro
Ecoboost, Convertible, Auto - 85.3k euro (due to more CO2 emissions)

If we go for the GT, like you have on order it gets worse:

GT, Coupe, Manual - 119.6k euro
GT, Coupe, Auto - 113.0k euro (apparently it emits less CO2 than the manual)
GT, Convertible, Manual - 127.0k euro
GT, Convertible, Auto - 120.9k euro (apparently it emits less CO2 than the manual)

For the US folk, feel free to convert at http://www.xe.com/ - All prices are between 65.7k dollars, all the way up to 136.9k dollars.

So yeah, at 60k I'd still consider the GT a steal. But then in the Netherlands, I'd still have to pay for the licenseplate, which would mark up the value to the denoted prices.

Anyway... looking forward to pics, and hope you enjoy driving that on the Autobahn :)
Good God!:eek:

Those prices are crazy!
To think I thought 38k was a little steep.

First time using uber I got picked up in a 7 series bmw in Amsterdam. There's some nice cars rolling around the Netherlands

Picked her up today I had to go to the port 6 hours away to get my car. The autobahn had a lot of traffic today so I only hit 155

Attachments

• IMG_2216.JPG
    IMG_2216.JPG
    499.1 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_2222.JPG
    IMG_2222.JPG
    587.2 KB · Views: 100
It's grey or as ford calls it magnetic metallic?? I think that's what it is. MPH not k. Sure, I'll check out the registry.

Took the car to Bastogne. Woke up to snow, time to try out the snow driving setting