First Fox Search

MikeTheEngineer

Aug 21, 2019
Texas
Hello All,

I'm looking into acquiring my first fox such as the title suggests. Wanting to build a fast street/strip car. I've been searching for a clean 1993 Cobra black on black with no sunroof, but no such luck yet. I've only found one in this spec so far for sale, but the one I did find was sold before I was able to contact the seller. There is another on Ebay currently, but I believe it has been damaged/wrecked. Do these cars come around enough to wait it out or should I bite the bullet and try to purchase this one?

I did find a '93 coupe that has piqued my interest, but I don't know the mustang market well enough to analyze the cost. Does this car's asking price make sense? (See below.) Seems higher than most I've seen, but the car looks to be in good shape.

Best Regards,
Mike

• Sponsors (?)

I prefer the coupe to the GT. I with Noobz, I wouldn't personally track an original Cobra. The Coupe seems pricey unless you love the way it looks and it's setup. Not sure were you are at, but here in AZ we get coupes going for $8-12k on regular basis. GT's for $4k-$8500. If you love the Cobra look, it's pretty easy to replicate, then you can go hog wild with mods with all the extra Cash you'll save.

Why on God's green Earth, would you want to track a 93 Cobra?

Just pickup a solid GT and go from there.
It would only see the track on occasion. Haha!

I know the purists out there don't like the idea. Also why I've been looking at previously modified Cobras, so I wouldn't tear up a completely stock low mileage car. I have also looked into turning a GT into a look-a-like, but I prefer the real thing.

Regards,
Mike

I prefer the coupe to the GT. I with Noobz, I wouldn't personally track an original Cobra. The Coupe seems pricey unless you love the way it looks and it's setup. Not sure were you are at, but here in AZ we get coupes going for $8-12k on regular basis. GT's for $4k-$8500. If you love the Cobra look, it's pretty easy to replicate, then you can go hog wild with mods with all the extra Cash you'll save.
I'm in Texas and we have similar, just never really been a person that likes fakes. I may have to change my mind though eventually.

Regards,
Mike

I'm with the other guys in regards to the Cobra. The Ebay car looks sharp. That price is through the roof in my opinion. If the description is true I'm sure they have more than the asking price in the car. If you're wanting to build a car I'd leave that one alone and buy a cheap coupe or GT and do what you want. If you just want to get something ready to get in and drive.... then yeah maybe the ebay car. Nice modified cars can be had way cheaper though.

You want this car:

1566408786079.png

1566408978426.png

Beautiful car, just read the Mustang360 article on it.

My preference is to build something that looks as stock as possible, "sleeper" if you will. Factory interior, no cage, etc.

The video of the 1993 Cobra I posted earlier, here's their article below:

Best Regards,
Mike