First Mustang, here. Figured I'd go ahead and jump in.

Hello, everyone. I've just taken delivery of my first Mustang, a 1982 GT Fox. It's been a long time since I've had a toy like this, and before they were Camaro's and imports, so I have no idea what's what. I just wanted to thank everyone, up front for being patient and any help/advice you are able to give a total newb.

BTW, I'm not a kid, just now that my kids are grown and out of the house, I can have toys, I guess.

• Sponsors (?)

Screenshot_20200115-152653(1).png

This is she. Ridiculously fun, but needs a lot of work. Very little rust, new suspension. Interior pretty much gone. Not sure where to go from here.

Reactions: 1 user
That is a Frankentsang in the making. Offset wheels, Capri front end 4 eyes. Scoop. Man that would look bad ass done in a flat black and some aged spots.

I grew up on Camaro. Got tired of the dash and interior falling apart, the floor boards rusting out and the t-tops leaking.

Now some Camaro Bashing........ Do you still have a Mullet?

Mullet... Not since middle school.

Yeha, my thinking is the same on the Frankenstang. It's a 4 speed w/ 410 gears and GT40 heads, so like I said, great fun. I'm just planning on driving it around, so drive-ability is important, but looks... you know. subjective. I'll post some interior pics later. I'm thinking about LRB aluminum door skins since the door are bare, right now. Is that a good investment?