First Post+help The Newbie With Engine Cleaning!

NoahWoodco

Mar 8, 2017
Hello all! First of all this is my first post here on the forum, I got my first mustang a year ago and have been slowly fixing it up and getting it in optimal condition, I have read many threads on here but never even made an account till tonight :) I decided I would like to clean my engine bay, this afternoon the thermostat housing broke and sprayed coolant everywhere and I've been looking for an excuse to clean it anyways;) I took care of the thermostat and housing already and while I was in there cleaned the throttle body. I am not sure what I need to cover in the engine bay so please tell me what I need to cover in order to not break anything. I have a 2007 V6 (I know v6 haha, but coming from a prius it's a rocket). Here is a picture of my engine bay, I know it's dark but I just finished the repair. The Gunk Original cleaner says safe on all engine components, but not all components can get wet correct?

Attachments

• 20170308_230329.jpg
    20170308_230329.jpg
    612.9 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

I am curious too as I got a lot of corrosion splashes in my engine bay trying to clean, because my old battery went bad too quickly. I did what I could but my engine bay definitely needs a cleaning. I'd like to take a high pressure hose to it, but like you don't want to mess anything up. Mine's a 2014 V6 but engine bay looks similar to yours.