First Post, New to The Stang world

Simple88GT

Mar 19, 2008
F-V, NC
Well, I just bought my first Stang yesterday, I knew what I was buying before I bought it. So far, except for the wipers stopping in mid stroke on the drive home, and the dash lights going out after filling up, It is everything I knew it would be. Just a quick list of things that I know about it. Balanced Blueorinted 306, dont know the pistons or camshaft, Ported E7's(unfortunately), Holley Systemax intake, BBK headers into BBK X-pipe, Mufflers are unknown at this time, they came from a local shop that recommended them over flows, I love the sound though, 190 fuel pump, Electric Fan, TKO500, and 3.73's, It Also has 5 lug conversion with the 10th anniversery rims, MT ET Street Radial, not as bad in the rain as I was expecting, Thank God, especially after the wipers stopped driving it home. I hope that I will be able to step in here and utilize this board to its fullest, my first plan of attack is Mass Conversion, then hopefully heads. Untill then Just the minor stuff.

Pics Will Follow once it stops raining

Thanks For Having this awesome place of Information,

-Josh-

• Sponsors (?)

And this is why i prefer this board over the others out there, I read one other post, and already 3 replies, it just goes to show that either we have nothing better to do, :rlaugh:, or people do actually care. Again thanks guys. :nice:

Oh yeah as far as the Conversion goes, I was under the impression that it would be easier to tune with the mass, right now it has a stumble that happens around 4k, however after it hiccups, it jumps straight to 7k, I was hoping that getting the Mass would help to show any problems. :shrug:

Welcome !!

Dont be to quick to jump on the mass air wagon. SD is not so bad.

spped density is crap...you know how i know? cause 99% of the turbo or boosted cars out there over 700hp are speed density based. and 75% of the aftermarket ECM companies are speed density based systems. they all do that caue SD is junk.

mass air is over rated. its helpfull only to a certain extent. i am doing massive research on making big power and if you want to run a big turbo wiht lots of boost and make over 700hp you are more than likely gonna need an aftermarket ECM that is capable of fine tuning and running low impedence injectors to be reliable.

/rant.

oh yea im bored and drunk

Oh yeah as far as the Conversion goes, I was under the impression that it would be easier to tune with the mass, right now it has a stumble that happens around 4k, however after it hiccups, it jumps straight to 7k, I was hoping that getting the Mass would help to show any problems. :shrug:

The problem is not going to go away just because you swap to mass air.

You need to diagnos the problem and fix it.

SD can be modded just like a mas air car. only difference is you have to be careful with cam specs.

Ford rev limiter kicks in at a touch over 6200rpm, the 7000 rpm you saw was tach overshoot. Mine is actually off by as much as 1000 rpm at 4500. Aftermarket cams in relation to SD usually create more idle/surge/stall issues than 4000rpm style hiccups. I might be inclined to pull the codes and look to do a full tuneup...my guess is you'll find the problem in around that area.

I did the maf conversion because my new mill was not cooperating at all...silly rich,stalling,high idle...all bad. You don't need to swap. You also won't need a tune for a good time to come..once you start spending the money to make good power that requires maf conversion and dyno tune sessions...the cost of converting will be soo very small.

I converted mine with the FMS kit from jegs....expensive but done in 1/2 hour with a screw driver and rachet set....factory look and so very easy my 2yr old could have done it...just so you know, when the time comes.