first start after vortech install..

haulbalz

Founding Member
Apr 6, 2002
well, first of all it sounded like a jet! But it automatically revved up to like 3k. i just wanted to hear it, and didn't even have the bypass valve installed. could the bypass valve not being installed have anything to do with that. I replaced the injectors and put a 90mm maf on. coud that have been the problem? who knows, maybe you guys....

• Sponsors (?)

Subscribing...

I am very interested in this as well seeming how I should be starting mine for the first time this upcoming week. If I had to guess I wouldn't say it was because of the bypass valve, but not having it on there didn't necessarily help anything. With a new MAF would also guess your PCM would act differently seeming as how things are not the same as before, did it rev up to 3k and then come down, or just stay up there? In any case, free bump!

Double check the TB idle screw. When i went to start my 351w, it started right up but would not idle. No matter what i did, it would not even come close to idling. I thought about the idle screw, turned it in some and BAM, instant idle. So maybe on yours, its too far in, making the idle shoot up high like that. So try turning the screw out to see if it drops any.

Good luck

I just started my car today with the blower after I finally finished up and Mine was Normal if the hood was closed you wouldnt even know the blower was there which is alwaya nice thing at the light when someone wants to race ya :D

sonicblue87lx said:
I just started my car today with the blower after I finally finished up and Mine was Normal if the hood was closed you wouldnt even know the blower was there which is alwaya nice thing at the light when someone wants to race ya :D

that may be a good thing, but mine's an s-trim, I would hope it's loud enough for someone to know it's there.

sonicblue87lx said:

by the way did you notice a huge difference? I about bought that kit..