First time poster.

BestGuess

Aug 21, 2021
Virginia
Many a google search has landed me here on stangnet and I've found some useful info. Finally made an account and now I'm going to post. Bringing back to life a 79 notch that was found rotting away in a field. Actually, it's not even a 79 model, it's a January 1980 model. I just call it a 79 to make myself feel better. I'm on the home stretch of getting it road worthy and have more questions and find myself doing a little more searching. So, here I am making an account.

• Sponsors (?)

Attachments

• 59ECFA38-4901-4F2B-BAA6-1EA966441E03.jpeg
    59ECFA38-4901-4F2B-BAA6-1EA966441E03.jpeg
    469.8 KB · Views: 17
Got another hood and front bumper already. Car is rough, but not rough enough to not save. Before I even attempted to remove it I got it up on some blocks and stabbed around underneath to make sure it wasn't too rusted in the bad spots. Bunch of surface rust, but seemed stable. It sat for 20+ years and I'd say most of that was with no suspension and only one wheel on it. I got the car for scrap price and later sold the 4 cylinder and SROD, so essentially I got the car for free.

Reactions: 1 user
A build thread will create a flow of members that follow your posts, know the combo after awhile and could help you spend, errrr,I mean work out any issues, like my favorite " does the 871 blower make my rear look skinny? " or another fav "if one turbo is good, two would be twice as good, right?"