First Up Grade

J Howes

Jan 14, 2018
Hello Everyone, I bought my 17 GT 4 months ago and have not had time to start on my up grades I have not even got my windows tinted yet So My Marine daughter is coming home tomorrow for 10 days and wants to do some upgrades to the car so my first mod will be Hood shock kit and get rid of the prop rod. So what was your first upgrade?????

• Sponsors (?)

Lens Tint all around and Black Badges, White Shift knob.
I like the rear tint, but i might remove the headlight tint. I just think they look good without, but it looks mean at night especially.
Next is Exhuast (Corsa) and Springs

Reactions: 1 user
Same as you...bought mine back in Oct. X pipe went on the first day home.
Sitting in the garage waiting some ambition to install... Roush axle backs, GT350 Red starter button, Alum sport pedals and power pk 1. That right there set me back 1100.00.....playing with these cars isn't cheap !!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
next thing I am going to do when I get a free weekend, TINT but not going to do the rear window. I have seen to many Mustangs with there rear window tinted and it has bubbles in it. Probably going to put the Louvers on the rear window anyways.

next thing I am going to do when I get a free weekend, TINT but not going to do the rear window. I have seen to many Mustangs with there rear window tinted and it has bubbles in it. Probably going to put the Louvers on the rear window anyways.
Bubbles are typically from using the wrong type window cleaner. Tint guys told me it is from the ammonia in the cleaners. Get some without ammonia.

Tints come in a wide array of materials and quality levels. Quality tint applied by a professional installer rarely has that problem. Some installers offer a lifetime warranty on their top lines. On the other hand, a lot of people buy tint at the big box store and install their own to save some money. This is usually a failure with the problems you mentioned. As mentioned above, no window cleaners containing ammonia.

I was told buy a few tint guys that the rear defroster is what causes the problem. From the strips heating and cooling off. I am going to put the louvers on and not worry about it. When I get the time to get the other windows done I think I am going to go with the ceramic tint. if you have any views on the ceramic tint let me know. I like to hear every ones opinion on what type to go with.

I have often wondered about the defroster in the rear window causing problems but as I live in central Florida I don't use mine very much. My guy uses SunTek window films, and I have his Ceramic IR Series on my Mustang. It's a high quality film that is color stable. (won't turn purple) It's great, I haven't had any issues at all with it. Here is his website if you would like more information on the film. http://www.tintsmvp.com You can call and talk to him if you have any questions, he is very knowledgeable about all types of film and is friendly and easy to talk to.

I have often wondered about the defroster in the rear window causing problems but as I live in central Florida I don't use mine very much. My guy uses SunTek window films, and I have his Ceramic IR Series on my Mustang. It's a high quality film that is color stable. (won't turn purple) It's great, I haven't had any issues at all with it. Here is his website if you would like more information on the film. http://www.tintsmvp.com You can call and talk to him if you have any questions, he is very knowledgeable about all types of film and is friendly and easy to talk to.

WOW.That guy does really nice work. What part of central Florida are you in. I Live in the treasure coast.

I was told buy a few tint guys that the rear defroster is what causes the problem. From the strips heating and cooling off. I am going to put the louvers on and not worry about it. When I get the time to get the other windows done I think I am going to go with the ceramic tint. if you have any views on the ceramic tint let me know. I like to hear every ones opinion on what type to go with.
Funny, I found louvers for my '98 GT and thought they were cool. Not many others did. I'm surprised that they have them still.