Floor pan replacement help. 1966 coupe.

I am in need of guidance on this as I have seen websites where guys have done this in their garage and it doesnt look that bad but my body man says that he wouldnt do the work because he was uncomfortable with cutting the car up. If I have a mig and the time is this something I should attemp this? I am a pretty good mechanic doing everything but bodywork.

• Sponsors (?)

dooit.gif

Shakin66 said:
I am in need of guidance on this as I have seen websites where guys have done this in their garage and it doesnt look that bad but my body man says that he wouldnt do the work because he was uncomfortable with cutting the car up. If I have a mig and the time is this something I should attemp this? I am a pretty good mechanic doing everything but bodywork.

I think you'll be okay if you do one side at a time. I know there are full-width replacement floorpans available, but I'd avoid taking out more original metal than necessary - especially the transmission tunnel. On a convertible, I'd suggest bracing at the door jambs, but that's overkill on a hardtop.