flowmaster exhaust kit ?

• Sponsors (?)

jb1dsl said:
i want to order the flowmaster 2 1/2 american thunder kit and a set of tri-y headers for my a code and i was wondering does a muffler shop have too weld up more pipe to mate the h-pipe or will it connect as it is ?

thats all going to depend on your current setup....

If you have long tube headers already that go back to your mufflers....then, probably not.

I did not have to add any pipe when I installed the full Flowmaster kit on my car. Actually installed the kit myself.

I am running different headers though. I am using the Hooker Competitons not tri-y's. I just had to bend the h-pipe to align up with the Hooker reducers, then weld them up. Actually I did have to trim one of the reducers just a little. (less than 1/4 of an inch) Like allcarfan stated, it will depend on your setup.

Let me tell you, it is a sweet sounding system!!!

John

Edbert,

I have not made it to Round Rock in over 3 years. (Since I had the Saleen) Been spending most of my weekends working on the car... :D

jb1dsl,

I will try to get some pics sometime soon, but this week and weekend are fully packed...

John

I'm running the Flowmaster American Thunder system on the Fastback, along with Hooker Competition Headers. I had to have a muffler shop make up some short connector pipes as I didn't want to modify the Flowmaster H-pipe.