Flowmaster Exhaust

bad monkeys

Founding Member
Apr 13, 2001
Duarte, So Cal
:mad: Is there anyway to center the Flowmaster exhaust system on the openings in the bumper cover? I’ve tried moving every pipe from the h-pipe back. There is also a problem with the driver’s side muffler hitting on the frame rail when going over large speed bumps or railroad crossings.

• Sponsors (?)

Mine are pretty near perfect on the alignment and I have never had mine hit the frame rails.

Rear-Flowmasters.jpg

Flowmastercloseup.jpg

Attachments

• Rear-Flowmasters.jpg
    Rear-Flowmasters.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Flowmastercloseup.jpg
    Flowmastercloseup.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 37
J

bad monkeys said:
:mad: Is there anyway to center the Flowmaster exhaust system on the openings in the bumper cover? I’ve tried moving every pipe from the h-pipe back. There is also a problem with the driver’s side muffler hitting on the frame rail when going over large speed bumps or railroad crossings.

If you have not figured it out based on what the fellas have said (loosen isolator and hanger bracket bolts and move as needed to center LH/RH) or this has not helped, PM me and I will send the exploded view PDFs on the exhaust and bumper, the alignment may be spot on the exhaust, the issue may be the bumper alignment. Seems odd, God knows, but my bumper got jacked out of alignment after "they" performed the fuel tank TSB. :shrug:

You know how to find me if you need me. :nice:

~J~

P.S. Off Topic to Kooldawg - You have removed the Parkside Ford sticker from the rear center panel by now, Right? hahahha.... ;)

check to make sure the hanger rods that are welded to the mufflers are not bent. they can easily get bent during shipment. sometimes they need to be "adjusted" with a prybar (if on the car) or by hand (if out of the car).

kooldawg6 said:
Maybe today, since it is going to be near 80.

Today for sure even if it is 45. Hair dryer on low setting, heat sticker, peel with fingernail and slowly pull while you lift that advertisement off there mang!
I want a pic with date stamp in my box by 13:00 hours, Soldier. :rlaugh:

Jenns05Stang said:
Today for sure even if it is 45. Hair dryer on low setting, heat sticker, peel with fingernail and slowly pull while you lift that advertisement off there mang!
I want a pic with date stamp in my box by 13:00 hours, Soldier. :rlaugh:
Sorry Jenn. Went with family up to D.C. for the day yesterday. Today it is raining. I was even supposed to wash and wax my sis's Four Runner this weekend. SIGH.........

kooldawg6 said:
Sorry Jenn. Went with family up to D.C. for the day yesterday. Today it is raining. I was even supposed to wash and wax my sis's Four Runner this weekend. SIGH.........

It's all good dawg. :flag: I am pleased to see you are a man with your priorities in line. Relax and enjoy the day. In the near future, I would like to see your rear end without dealer advertising, however. :rolleyes:

I thought I had a similar problem with my magnaflows. Then someone on another forum pointed out to me that there is two bolts from the seat belts that are very long and I could not see them on visual inspections but could feel them with my hands. I loosened my pipes and scooted them back and it cured the problem.