Fold Down Rear Seat in Vert?

steve05

Feb 10, 2006
Tucson, Az
So the 2005/2006 hardtop has a fold down rear seat, and my 05 Vert has the same rearseat with the split in it, but it doesn't fold down...so why didn't Ford make the Vert rear seat fold down also?

Sure looks like the top fits in that nice sheetmetal compartment in the upper trunk...so yes it looks like there could have been room to allow a fold down seat. Just would have been nice to fit something longer in there. Heck my Caddy CTS had a small "pass through" that had a few 2x4's on occation when the wife's SUV was busy doing other things.

:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I don't think Ford ever put the pass through seat on the verts, I know my '03 Cobra doesn't have it and a buddys 5.0L doesn't have it either. I don't think there is enough room for it, it might have some room, but no where near what the hard top has. In Fords eyes not enough to make it feasible. I'm sure it's also a way to save money and a little weight. Plus, if you bought a vert and need to have something long in you car, like a 2x4 you can just put the roof down, plenty of room.:D

I wonder if I can just add the hinges that the hardtop must have. It already has the same rear seats. My Caddy CTS had a hole probably 6" x 6" and it did come in handy. Time to look behind that rear seat!

Yep...been putting the roof down every day since I got it! Arizona is a wonderful place!!