Fold down seat pieces, which years interchange?

TFell34

Oct 30, 2020
Prescott, AZ
My '66 Fastback fold down rear seat is missing the third piece, not sure its official name but I've heard it called a deck plate. There're plenty of seat backs out there but this piece is rare. Is that piece year specific or can parts from other years be used? I have found a '69 & the picture looks right...

• Sponsors (?)

All 65 - 70 fold down seats will interchange ,there is a slight trim difference ,65 -66 only has one latch ,67 -70 has two so the chrome trim is different on one side .
If you are talking about the piece that sets on the floor behind the seat ,they are the same also except the very rear chrome trim ,69 70 does not have it but it can be added for use in 65 68s . Trap doors are the same 65 66 ,they are the same for 67 70 except the 67 68 has a bolt on trim at the top that the 69 70 does not have .

If you are talking about the L shaped piece that is hinged to the seat back ,they are also all the same 65 70 ,but again there is trim differences as they used different locations for the rubber seat stop / adjusters but they will interchange with the correct year chrome trim and rubber stops /adjusters

If your seat does not have the third L shaped piece it may have been a stationary seat ,they are still the same rear seat they just did not use the L piece and the back was bolted in place . The trim at the top of a stationary seat is painted interior color while the top trim on the fold down seat was chrome .

All 65 - 70 fold down seats will interchange ,there is a slight trim difference ,65 -66 only has one latch ,67 -70 has two so the chrome trim is different on one side .
If you are talking about the piece that sets on the floor behind the seat ,they are the same also except the very rear chrome trim ,69 70 does not have it but it can be added for use in 65 68s . Trap doors are the same 65 66 ,they are the same for 67 70 except the 67 68 has a bolt on trim at the top that the 69 70 does not have .
That helps a lot, thanks. I took the original interior out years ago, now I can't find that darn sport plate as I'm finally reassembling it!.