FOR ALL THE AOD-T5 SWAP GUYS

chobracobra

Jun 29, 2004
jersey shore
I have been seeing a lot of threads of people doing the aod to t5 swap. Aweswome! less aod 5.0's on the street!
Anyway a lot of people cant seem to get their car started or reverse lights going. I have a simple quick fix that you can either leave it like or change it the right way....
1. Cut all 4 wires from the neutral start switch.
2. Purple/orange & Black/Pink = Reverse lights
3. White/Pink & Red/Light Blue = Nuetral switch
4. Connect the 2 wires to a push button switch for the nuetral start, and run the reverse light wires to the sensor on the tranny!
there! When you want to start your car push your little hidden button, and crank. (or splice em together)
This is all for the impatiant man. Get the clutch interlock and do it right eventually. The reverse lights can stay though. If you hook up the clutch interlock, and it still wont crank....leave the neutral switch wires connected! peace :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

cool

on my swap. all i did was connect the AOD harness to the wires coming from the side of the t5. my NSS doesnt work ( i can start the car in gear if i wanted) but my reverse lights work great.

Im a bit confuesd. Is the neutral safety switch on the clutch pedal and it has two plugs... A black plug and a clear? I have those both plugged in but i dont have the harness on the transmission. I have no start. Im trying to bypass the neutral saftey switch to see if its that or something with the starter. I turn the key all lights and accessories come on but when i go to turn it over nothing... No clicks or nothing.... Like it was when i had an AOD and the lever was in Drive, so im assuming it the neutral safety switch. So to bypass it what do i have to cut and splice??? Which plug is the neutral safety switch?

Done some research and i almost got here guys... All i need to know is are the the White/Pink wires and the Red/Light Blue Wires located on the plug with the black connector or the clear connector

Foxfan88 said:
cool

on my swap. all i did was connect the AOD harness to the wires coming from the side of the t5. my NSS doesnt work ( i can start the car in gear if i wanted) but my reverse lights work great.
thats all fine and good to have no NSS but if you want to pass tech at a drag strip it has to work.

86bluecobra said:
thats all fine and good to have no NSS but if you want to pass tech at a drag strip it has to work.

Are you sure the NSS switch has to work or do you mean the clutch pedal switch? Because lots of factory cars can be started without the shifter being in neutral, the clutch pedal just has to be depressed. My brothers 84 Z-28 doesnt have a neutral safety switch just a pedal switch and it passes tech no problem.