For The Mods I did How Much of An Improvment Is My MPH?

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
MAINE
I did a lot of work on the Mustang this past summer (thanks to all who followed the build up) The big things I changed was this. BEFORE the Mustang had a Cobra intake, 90 MM Mass air Meter and Crower 15512 camshaft. In that trim w/ the other mods on the car which did not change it ran a best MPH of 107.61 MPH in the 1/4.

I changed those out for a Trick Flow R intake, FTI Ed Curtis Custom grind camshaft, upgraded valve springs and a Abaco 97MM Mass air meter. My intention was to get get car dyno tuned this summer but I never got to it so I suppose the comparison of untuned VS Untuned mods before/after is fair. My new MPH improved to 110.87 MPH after the new mods were complete. Considering what was done to the car is what I have picked up in the 1/4 MPH wise with still more in it once its tuned worth what was done in your opinion? Guess what Im looking for is if all the money spent and headaches caused from this project make it worth the outcome. It will be getting tuned in the spring and then lots of track time next year.

• Sponsors (?)

I'd say that you would have to get your car tuned to get the true answer wether or not the money you dumped was worth it. I've seen alot of cars improve with just a tune.

well I know its going to improve w/ a tune and it will definitely get done but what Im looking at now is just if my net gain to this point has been worth what was done w/ the car. I ran the best MPH on the old combo untuned and the new best MPH on the new combo untuned. I figured it was a good comparison of the two for now until I do get a tune done next spring to see what I really did get out of it.