For those installing slightly warped headers... (pic)

Celeb

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Sep 8, 2002
Here and there
It's called the "Manifold Manipulator". Ace Hardware 4 bucks, fastener department. Gotta be creative :shrug:

Attachments

• IMGP0020.JPG
    IMGP0020.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 184
  • Sponsors (?)

That's awesome as long as it doesn't throw off the pipe you're pushing against while trying to line up the pipe that's warped. I usually use a pry bar but i'll keep this in mind for sure :nice:

Well I started the bolts in the one I was pushing against while I tweaked out the one that was a little off. I bought two in case I had to use 2 at the same time. Didn't have to though. Worked good. :nice:

Yea studs instead of bolts. The problem I had using my stock headers with my turbo setup was after welded everything back up, I could bolt 3 primaries up but the last one wouldnt line up, it was barely off. With the other primaries bolted on I could move the last one around but didnt have the strength or room to hold the primary in position while I tried to tighten the bolt. What I was going to do before I decided to cut it and do it again was use studs so I could get the front primaries on, then just push the last one back until it slide on the studs.