For those who wanted pics of cowl mounted fuel pressure gauges

fiveo'cobra

Oct 7, 2004
SC
Just finished the rebuild on the car. Did a fuel pressure gauge too. Me and a buddy from college went and shot some pics. His is a 2004 GT with a cobra front bumper conversion, CAI, pulleys, flowmaster catback, and timing adjuster. He has 18 inch deep dish bullits waiting at his house. Anyways, on to the pics.......

Gauge is mounted on the side of the cowl, notched out a little hole on the cowl for the line, attached the fuel line to the schrader valve and ran it under the intake. I'll post another pic of the engine bay later.

View attachment 503187
View attachment 503189
View attachment 503191
View attachment 503193
View attachment 503195
View attachment 503197

• Sponsors (?)

i know front end looks wierd but thats just the lighting. It was an off angle. My car stays in college and i park it farrrrrr away from the cluttered parking lots under some streetlights. Some buddies park around me too and my car is under a car cover so its fairly safe.

Ram000 said:
looks awesome, man. i'd be worried about some prick knocking it off, though.

Me too....

I have been thinking about trying to do one under my cowl hood a little below the line of the actual cowl. Im not sure whats under there so i dont know how i would brace it up. Only one way to find out....

Look good though :nice:

nmcgrawj said:
Me too....

I have been thinking about trying to do one under my cowl hood a little below the line of the actual cowl. Im not sure whats under there so i dont know how i would brace it up. Only one way to find out....

This is my H.O Fibertrends Cobra R I opened right thru for cooling the u/hood temps....with some fab work 2 1/16 gages could be fit inside...it's pretty much wide open in there..
cobra_hood_6.jpg

You'd have to hide the lines, but there's ample room....maybe some Alum plate with holes bored and glassed in place to help stiffen things up??
Good Winter project... :nice:
cobra_hood_8.jpg