Ford Motorsport Box Under Seat

I was looking around my 94 Cobra and found a black box under the passenger seat. the only thing written on it is Ford Motorsports. It has adjustment dials for A/F ratio and the rev limiter. Are these still made? Ive never seen one of these before.

• Sponsors (?)

Those are old school. Back in the old days of EFI Renegade, which was a fuel injection class in the new defunct FFW racing circuit, you weren't allowed to do any tuning to your computer. The only thing you were allowed to do was install that specific box from Motorsport to extend your rev limiter. It also did some A/F adjustment. It had to be that box with that specific Ford part number on it. I remember that box costing about $350 at the time; mid to late 90s. The EFI Renegade has allowed computer tuning for a really long time now, which makes that box completely obsolete. I doubt they still make that box, since it is much better and easier to tune your computer with a piggy back chip. You could hold on to it for Nostalgia sake, or just chuck it.

Kurt

I remember the FRPP RPM Extender. Little black box, I think FRPP stores sold it for like $499, it was pricey back in the day. Not many people had one or even remember that box. Take a pic of it and post on here.

I remember the FRPP RPM Extender. Little black box, I think FRPP stores sold it for like $499, it was pricey back in the day. Not many people had one or even remember that box. Take a pic of it and post on here.

Here you go...

005_1_5.jpg

004_1_5.jpg

Correct that is a RPM extender...way aheqad of its time and was a leader for may racing classes before everything else started coming out and chip tuning was popular.