Ford Motorsport RPM Extender...

91LX_5L

Founding Member
May 13, 2002
British Columbia
Anyone used or know someone that used/uses one of these? There a older item which are not made any more.

You can adjust air/fuel ratio, and Rev Limiter. They seemed to be the thing in the mid 90s.

ps: Can you adjust air/fuel with a Tweecer RT?

• Sponsors (?)

I paid $180 for my extender and I love it. It really woke my car up. For the money, it was by far the best upgrade I have done to my car so far. There are people out there that are running them with turbo and superchargers. I guess it boils down to how much time, money and effort you want to invest. The tweecer has been discussed many times in these forums and the worst thing I have heard about it is the diffuculity for some people to program it, while some people have no problem at all so this is a user issue , not a product issue. I don't think you can go wrong either way. There are usually some of both on Ebay. Just remember that the 94-95 uses a specific extender and they are usually cheaper than the 86-93.

That is not the way it works at all. It doesn't trick anything, it comes in at 2500 rpm and takes the computer over with revised timing , fuel, rpm etc... tables. Go to the corral and do a search on it and you will find some really good info. If money and time are not a factor, then by all means go with the tweecer.