Ford Racing 31 Spline Rear Diff.

nick6704

Sep 7, 2004
I'm starting to look into building up my rear end for more power and more traction, and I'm looking at getting a pair of Moser 31 spline axles, and I was wondering if anyone has anything to say about the Ford Racing 31 spline TLOK rear differential. I know most people go with Auburn or Eaton, but the Ford carrier is much cheaper. The car won't see the track too much, and I'll probably rarely/never run slicks, so would this differential hold up ok to some hard launches on DR's or sticky street tires? Any input is appreciated. Especially input backed by experience. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

From what I hear, this setup is rock solid. In fact I have the same setup sitting here waiting to be installed with 4.10 gears. Now if my lazy ass would order the Moser axles I'll be ready to get it all installed. I know a couple guys with this setup and it is nothing but praises.

I had this set up installed last tuesday and so far I have no issues, it is very very quite, I will be at the track this saturday if weather permits. Where did you buy your parts? I got everything from Randy at MD @ great price, moser axles I got directly from them and I went with a UPR girdle. So far I love it but will know better after this weekend :D

Cheap is not always better. I think you can tell by the pic which is better.

Eaton Posi Vs. Stock.

Stock-Eatonposi.jpg

Attachments

• Stock-Eatonposi.jpg
    Stock-Eatonposi.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 55