Ford racing axle back debate

• Sponsors (?)

I have the M-5230-5GT and love it. It's bit on the loud side, but the sound has some class to it. The large, rolled tips w/ the Ford Racing logo are also my favorite that I've seen...

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=7707

Edit - The 409 tends to become discolored and may end up with surface rust.

we have this same exhaust, and i wouldn't say it's loud. in fact, it's not loud at all. not to me. i am looking at changing to get some more sound. as for quality, they are built really well. and they are stainless, so you wouldn't ever have to buy more mufflers unless you just wanted to. but to me, they just aren't loud enough...

we have this same exhaust, and i wouldn't say it's loud. in fact, it's not loud at all. not to me. i am looking at changing to get some more sound. as for quality, they are built really well. and they are stainless, so you wouldn't ever have to buy more mufflers unless you just wanted to. but to me, they just aren't loud enough...

Are you sure you have the GTs? Or do you really have the GTAs? I have the GTAs (cheaper and quieter) and they aren't a whole lot louder than the stock exhaust. They do look much better and have a little different sound too.

I have the stinger style Ford Racing exhuast and it is loud...much louder than stock. Very deep tone....I have heard cars with the other style and though louder than stock not near as loud as the round body stinger style mufflers....I love the way car sounds.

Are you sure you have the GTs? Or do you really have the GTAs? I have the GTAs (cheaper and quieter) and they aren't a whole lot louder than the stock exhaust. They do look much better and have a little different sound too.

i am 100% positive. we don't have the GTA's. we have the stinger type and i don't think they are that loud. they are louder than stock, but not all that loud in my opinion. i have seen the GTA's and to me they are the best looking of all the exhausts out there for these cars, but they are no where near loud enough for me.

I had the GTs but swapped them out for the GTAs. The GTs sound better on startup but the GTAs are better everywhere else. I couldn't take the drone of the GTs(Stingers).

GTA'S are the best 50 state LEGAL sound AB you can buy hands down. Police perk their ears up when my wife drives her car to work, so GTA'S are NOT quiet.

Price, zero drone, 4" tips = how can you beat them ????

I had GTA's but swapped them out for the Stinger style. Both sound great, but the Stingers are definitely louder. There is, however, a significant amount of drone with the Stingers, it drives my girlfriend nuts, but I love it.

Everything said, you will be ok with either muffler. I have a set of GTA's that I am trying to get rid of for cheap if anybody is interested...

Stinger with Off-Road H Pipes

This is my first post here so be gentle with me.

I have the Borla Stingers with Pypes offroad H pipes and a K&N CAI with a Brenspeed xcaliber tune on my 06 GT. The sound is awsome. I now have a modern performance car with the same old school sound as my old mustang with a 351HO Cleveland.

My girlfriend's 05 Roush is running with straight pipes after her cats (without a muffler), and the sound of my car is not only louder, but is a good bit deeper in sound. And by the way, I am the luckiest person in the world to have a girlfriend that is so into mustangs.
:nice:

This is my first post here so be gentle with me.

I have the Borla Stingers with Pypes offroad H pipes and a K&N CAI with a Brenspeed xcaliber tune on my 06 GT. The sound is awsome. I now have a modern performance car with the same old school sound as my old mustang with a 351HO Cleveland.

My girlfriend's 05 Roush is running with straight pipes after her cats (without a muffler), and the sound of my car is not only louder, but is a good bit deeper in sound. And by the way, I am the luckiest person in the world to have a girlfriend that is so into mustangs.
:nice:

so, got any sound clips of your 06 GT? actually you are not the only person on here who's gf or wife is into Mustangs. our Mustang is my wife's car. i don't even have a car anymore. i drive a company vehicle, so i sold my beater for more mods to her car...