Ford Racing Half Shafts Installed

Just hit 1,000 miles on the Mustang and since it has 727hp from the Lebanon Ford build I decided it would be a good idea to upgrade the half shafts before I do any racing. I ordered up the Ford Half Shafts and a new set of Mickey Thompson ET Streets (305's for that extra width). Also picked up BMR Cradle Bushing Lockout kit.

I don't have any 1/4 mile times yet, but took it to the local flashlight drags in Waynesburg, PA. The car hooked up fantastic. No wheel hop at all...just took off like it should. I can't wait to see what type of grip I get on the car at the drag strip.

Video here on one run (audio is poor...I know)....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxbXiZgqQPg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Yes, Automatic. What I read/heard is the automatic in Sport mode (traction off) shifts really fast....better than a manual. I still have to experiment with various ways to launch. Its a stark difference from my EVO's that I raced in the past...where I dumped the clutch at 6,000rpm at the line lol

The Flashlight drags are only 1/8 mile or so....was doing about 100 at the finish line. Supposedly with the horsepower and Roush tune...should be low 11's in the 1/4....and hoping to get high 10's

Reactions: 1 user