ford racing REAR lower control arms

• Sponsors (?)

here is the end i am talking about i saw a set for sale from 6 years ago on the corral and it doesn't appear to have any bushings there either.this does pivot but i can't see how there is no bushing that attaches there.i wonder if a stock bushing would fit there i spoke with a local dealer and these are discontinued.

IMAG00501.jpg

Maximum Motorsports uses spherical bushings. Why would they say that they will bind? Or are they saying that Global's aren't as good? :scratch:

i don't know if global made the ford racing ones that i have but i did call the company and they didn't recognize the part number i gave them. he did however say that they were in business for over 30 years and that their product speaks for itself.the maximum guy seemed to think their quality wasn't on par with theirs and that they could bind .the global guy told me he can't see how this is can happen when they are designed to pivot.i think they both my excellent products and i will leave it at that .i am going to use these on my car and will update with pics when i am done.

thanks guys

Those are made by Global West. I ran them for years, but you can do better. They do bind, because as the axle articulates, the control arm angles converge when viewed from the top. The joints HAVE to articulate in order to accommodate this, but the delrin in the rear bushings resists it. Something's gotta give, and in this case it'll be in the form of forces imparted into the mounts and a corresponding resistance to movement.

Those are made by Global West. I ran them for years, but you can do better. They do bind, because as the axle articulates, the control arm angles converge when viewed from the top. The joints HAVE to articulate in order to accommodate this, but the delrin in the rear bushings resists it. Something's gotta give, and in this case it'll be in the form of forces imparted into the mounts and a corresponding resistance to movement.

my car won't have any serious horsepower so hopefully i won't have any problems.when i spoke with the the global west representative he told me to use neo grease in the bushings attached to the axles.this is a synthetic grease and what he recommended so i went online and to my surprise this stuff sells for like 40 bucks for 16 oz. alot more expensive than most other synthetic greases.