Ford releases HP and TQ of 2020 GT500

• Sponsors (?)

I bet Ford will shut them down, like Dodge did with the Demon markups.

I doubt it. Back in 05-06 when the ford gt was in the showrooms they stickered for 135K initially, but you couldn't touch one for less than 200K. Ford allows it, They think it drives demand but it actually hurts sales. Think of the guy who wants one for his retirement and who can only afford say 80-85K, but the first ones have ADM that pushes the price up to about 125. So what does the guy do, well he goes down the street and buys a ZL1 with the 1LE package for about 65K OTD or a hellcat for about 60. And you can get a real manual in either one and a convertible on the camaro if you want one.

I myself will not be buying one, not because of the added dealer markup, but because the lack of no manual, no convertible option, and frankly it's just ugly. It looks like some 15 Y.O. tried to make the mustang look like a GTR. If i wanted a ricer, I would go buy one. I want the ultimate american muscle car and I want it to look like an american car, not some japanese POS

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I have to agree with most of what I Bleed Ford Blue said. It's always disappointing to see some crazy cool car come out and see a price, that while high, is obtainable by the average guy if thats really what they want. Only to see dealers get to rape the potential buyers with price hikes. Its just like gas stations putting the screws to everyone every time something happens to threaten oil supply. Oh, someone in the middle east shot at someone else! Thats never happened before! $5 gas for everyone until this blows over. I say price it where it needs to be. Allow a reasonable mark up. Limit production and let the aftermarket handle the rest.

Reactions: 1 user