Forgot to Introduce Myself

Jewls05GT

May 9, 2005
Flori-DUH
Well, I am very shortly going to be a third time mustang owner. My first car was a 91 GT foxbody, and I also had a 95 rio red Cobra SN95 5.0. I really miss both cars, and the power. I bought a 2004 Toyota Solara about a year ago thinking I wanted comfort and luxury blah blah, Nope, I miss the power, so I am currently in search of a new pony to stable in my garage. I have located one in mineral grey locally, but it's a coupe, and I am thinking I might have a change of heart.

• Sponsors (?)

I am IN Florida, and there is only two on lots that I know of, but not what I want. I am putting down a deposit tonight to get a mineral grey GT coupe premium, but I am also paying premium markup. They want 2k OVER MSRP, but it will be here next week. I am currently trying to get them to lower thr price. It's insane, they want 32k out the door!!!!! :damnit:

Welcome to Stangnet Jewls05GT

I feel your pain.... I had a 98 V-6 Stang. Got a Dark Shadow Metallic Grey 03GT and then HAD to get a sedan for a little bit (mom had a stroke and it was hard to get her in the GT). I had a Mitsubishi Gallant for 9 months, I rode the poor little I-4 engine like it was a V-8. :lol: Then picked up this nice Zippy 4.0L 05 Torch Red V-6. It isn't an 03GT or an 05GT, but, the V-6 works for my lifestyle right now and I LOVE IT!

Good luck. Don't feel bad paying over MSRP. Sometimes, you pay for "Opportunity Cost". And, if you really, really want something, you have to pay for it, especially if you have to have it NOW! (I do that.. :p )..

Good Luck..Let us know if you get the GT.

Jennifer

Ahhh, too late! I lack that little virtue we call patience! Our new baby will be here by Monday. I am hoping it is here on Friday. We did end up paying 2k over sticker, but considering all other dealers want 5k over, I kinda think we got a deal. I have an 04 Solara right now that my sis in law is buying next week, so we had to have it now, or I'd be without a car. We are so excited that we spent over an hour on ebay last night buying mods for it, and the car isn't even here yet! ha

Jewls05GT said:
Ahhh, too late! I lack that little virtue we call patience! Our new baby will be here by Monday. I am hoping it is here on Friday. We did end up paying 2k over sticker, but considering all other dealers want 5k over, I kinda think we got a deal. I have an 04 Solara right now that my sis in law is buying next week, so we had to have it now, or I'd be without a car. We are so excited that we spent over an hour on ebay last night buying mods for it, and the car isn't even here yet! ha

:nice: > Welcome to the wonderful world of Opportunity Cost! Feels good though doesn't it? :hail2: Well Done.... Now get that baby home! :cheers:

Jennifer

Msrp +

Jewls05GT said:

Jewels-

I paid MSRP for my GT vert and I've never paid MSRP for anything in my life! After getting misinformation from the dealer where I placed my order and several months of mental agonizing, I took the plunge and paid MSRP because that's the reality of the market for GTs right now. In my mind, it balances out with the times I've bought a car for invoice or less + rebates and the dealer had to kiss my a%% to make the sale or I would go somewhere else. It doesn't feel nearly as good on the other side of the fence but I LOVE MY BABY!

:banana: Well, got the call from the dealer this morning, and my baby will be here Monday afternoon. :banana:

Yeah it sucks we are paying out the ass for it, but I guess if you want something bad enough. My bf (Hatchman) is sick about paying even MSRP, much less 2k over, but after shopping around, we really did get the best deal. It could be worse, we could be paying 10k over like people in Cali are. At least I have the satisfaction of knowing there is not going to be one just like it every time I turn a corner, as it has been in previous years.

Jewls, not to be a jerk, but you bought it at World Ford didn't you? I can recommend a dealer in Gulf Breeze that sold me my GT at X-plan Price ( about $2000 below MSRP) if you want to give them a try.

Wsmatau said:
Jewls, not to be a jerk, but you bought it at World Ford didn't you? I can recommend a dealer in Gulf Breeze that sold me my GT at X-plan Price ( about $2000 below MSRP) if you want to give them a try.

No, Orville-Beckford in Milton. I would NOT go to World for anything other than to waste their time to get information. We have already put down the deposit and have the check in hand. Besides, Gulf Breeze only had one and it was sold already. Thanks though.

I'm not a big fan of Orville Beckford either. I checked with them too, but after the salesman threw out so much BS (according to him the '05 was going to be a limited run of 5000 and NO Ford dealer was authorized X-plan), I had to leave. I heard they actually sold their first '05 for $10k over sticker. That's hard to believe. Best of luck and let me know if you change your mind.

Thanks, it's already a done deal, we pick up the stang on Monday. If for some reason something goes wrong, I will def. contact you about your guy. Funny, Gulf Breeze called today and left two messages, one for both of us, and the guy didn't realise he was calling the same house twice. What an idiot! He said he can order an 05 GT, but that he only allowed to order 4, and said in my message it would not get here until July, and in my boyfriend's message he said June. :shrug:

Wsmatau said:

I called up Brady at Gulf Breeze. He said they didn't have any and he had no clue when they were getting one. He DID say he would sell it for MSRP, which would beat O/B's 2K markup.

Jewls05GT said:
Thanks, it's already a done deal, we pick up the stang on Monday. If for some reason something goes wrong, I will def. contact you about your guy. Funny, Gulf Breeze called today and left two messages, one for both of us, and the guy didn't realise he was calling the same house twice. What an idiot! He said he can order an 05 GT, but that he only allowed to order 4, and said in my message it would not get here until July, and in my boyfriend's message he said June. :shrug:

Maybe he figured two people in the same house wanted there own.

Jewls05GT said:

Sell your sister in law the Solara for $2000 over MSRP and you'll feel much better about your purchase! :)