Found This Car?

Reddevil91

15 Year Member
Mar 3, 2010
C09D4840-2A02-4C8D-BCB1-BD187A00BB7F.jpeg
20A9B7D9-1984-4134-A700-F45621115CB6.jpeg
F8D82087-79A6-43F7-BB5F-86C8D302873F.jpeg
1D0B078E-952D-41B0-BBD7-4B04058EED4C.jpeg
Ok so back again with another find, my buddy is looking for a fox and we found this little beaut. Car is clean, has to me an unusual motor swap but it sounds good. The guy doesn’t know the mileage on it. He was asking 12,600 then down to 10k and now at 9,250. What’s your all’s opinion?

• Sponsors (?)

Is that a 94-95 5.0 in that car?
Over spray on vin stickers, most likely a repaint
Ha yeah it is which I was like uh what? But it sounds good just strange swap. It was repainted. Just the guy doesn’t know much about the engine, he bought it a year ago, so doesn’t know how many miles or why it was swapped out.

Weird AC....suspect wiring...cheap paint job..unknown mileage...( lots of overspray ). That all equals way less than 9 grand. Who knows whats under the paint, lerking in the wiring, and whether its a 4 cylinder swap.

I see a few things that look to be incorrect. That hot air intake being one of them. Its a pretty car....but i would struggle to give him 5k.

That car makes me wonder how good it is under the surface. Its still 4 lug with rusty rear drums. The guys here that have decent cars, atleast, paint the drums.:O_o:

I'm kinda biased because i hate clones.....

You can buy a real Cobra fox for 12k....and do it in payments...
Screenshot_20180128-185503.png

Reactions: 2 users
94-95 GT engine...never seen that before in a fox.

Have you run the vin? Is this a real 5.0 car?

See if you can get a car fax done to see if there are mileage records at all. May not give you current miles but might get you an idea.

What's the original color? Is the repaint the original shade of red?

Car looks good in pics, but for nearly 10k I'd want a few of the unknowns answered first.

How clean is the interior?

Car needs a fox style intake on it to clean up that little mess of an intake track

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Weird AC....suspect wiring...cheap paint job..unknown mileage...( lots of overspray ). That all equals way less than 9 grand. Who knows whats under the paint, lerking in the wiring, and whether its a 4 cylinder swap.
I see a few things that look to be incorrect. That hot air intake being one of them. Its a pretty car....but i would struggle to give him 5k.
she's pretty alright... pretty scary... wonder why the guy wants to unload it after just one year of ownership... betting the last year was a nightmare of stranded cruises and towing bills.

Are the remaining parts (the body) an actual cobra? Cobra's will be collectible when it's all original. Though the body is worth a chunk in itself.

I could see paying $7-$8k if everything else is original if it didn't get repainted just to cover up.

Look, and look again about three more times. Use mirrors and spend a lot of time laying on the ground with it.

Are the remaining parts (the body) an actual cobra? Cobra's will be collectible when it's all original. Though the body is worth a chunk in itself.

I could see paying $7-$8k if everything else is original if it didn't get repainted just to cover up.

Look, and look again about three more times. Use mirrors and spend a lot of time laying on the ground with it.

The cobras had disc rear brakes.....that car has drums and a non cobra booster. No one would take a cobra intake off to install a gt upper. Thats not a cobra. :nonono:

The body looks good....for a cobra clone. Still....no where near 9k good.

Theres a guy here that built a car named Roby...that cars body was atleast a 9k.

That's a big downvote from me at any reasonable price. The only way I'd buy that car is if I knew I could flip it and make a couple grand. Otherwise, my gut says it will be more hassle than it's worth.

Last edited:
Agree, that's way too much. And the cobra side skirts are really cheesy as they don't come up to include the GT door trim moldings. At first glance I thought they were the first Cervini versions of the side skirts taht didn't have the separation like the correct/originals at the door openings and then saw they're more like the Saleen LX versions but only go up to the trim. Ewwww! :cry:

Nope 93 gt cloned

Agree, that's way too much. And the cobra side skirts are really cheesy as they don't come up to include the GT door trim moldings. At first glance I thought they were the first Cervini versions of the side skirts taht didn't have the separation like the correct/originals at the door openings and then saw they're more like the Saleen LX versions but only go up to the trim. Ewwww! :cry:
So the Cervini Cobra side skirts fit nice?

I had the Cobra bumpers/side panels. But kept the running horse and 5.0 tags. Even had the Factory Cobra rims :nice:
Noice!! Yeah got rear bumper and wing, but eventually thinking about ordering the Cervinis stalker/cobra conversion, selling my bumper and wing, plus it’s got the stormin Norman hood so might as well go all Cervinis But first its motor build then repaint time.

117B642C-CF1A-423C-948B-BBB7C8051745.jpeg
FC6EFD66-B9DA-4314-A451-C00F15BFFF48.jpeg
Thanks for everyone’s two cents. My buddy liked the car, and asked me to check it out. I thought it seemed weird, especially with that motor swap, and him not knowing much about why the swap or how many miles etc. I told him I’m know big mechanic etc but let’s throw it up in here and get some advice. The man selling is about 70 and just buys cars, plays, then sells them off. My buddy decided after me showing him the discussions to pass, and keep looking. Besides that car kinda sorta looked like mine and couldn’t be twinning that hard!!

Reactions: 1 users