Fox Body Mustang 1988 5.0 AOD - Overdrive Cable

Hueki

Feb 3, 2021
Puerto Rico
Hello and good day everyone ! . . .

I am extremely new to this place, making my account only this week and this is not for myself but for a Puerto Rican friend of mine, she owns and is the 3rd owner of a " Fox Body Mustang 1988 AOD Transmission " 'stang. I've googled and found a total of 4 results for a 1988 Fox Body Overdrive Cable and apparently what I have found was not compatible with the 88 Fox, even though the article/sellers were saying that it would've been a perfect fit.

Is there any way I could get some help with this problem in any way? It'd be a nice gift for her to get her Fox what it needs !. . .Much appreciated, if you require any more details please let me know, I am from Europe though unfortunately so expect some response/replies to be quite a bit delayed at times!

Thank you kindly! ^^

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to the forum !!!

This may help. It doesn't hook up like the factory one with the plastic bracket at the end but should work.

This is the factory plastic bracket. They are known to break.

The PA Performamce cable would work great for her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Thank you both for the quick responses, I have spoken with her and have passed it on.
I'll wait and see how it goes then get back to you!

Once again thank you a lot for the fast replies! ^^
Welcome to the forum !!!

This may help. It doesn't hook up like the factory one with the plastic bracket at the end but should work.

This is the factory plastic bracket. They are known to break.

The PA Performamce cable would work great for her.

I keep looking for 89-97 V6 T-birds as they have the same cable. But as mentioned, not available as new anymore.

Reactions: 1 user