Fox Fox Body Mustang Convertible Windshield Trim

Andy Short

Jan 21, 2017
I have an 87 Fox convertible that I have been working on. I have noticed that the passenger side windshield moldings does not go down to meet the fender. The driver's side stops just below the fender. I am wondering if someone before me replaced the moldings not knowing that convertible moldings are not the same fit as the coupe moldings. I do know that I have to align the front right fender down about an 1/8 to 1/4 inch down. Could someone chime in and give me some advise? I have added a couple pics.

Andy

IMG_2428.jpg
IMG_2427.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Did you ever get an answer on this question or did you answer it yourself? I have an 88 GT convertible and looking at the pics on yours it appears that you are missing a piece of molding at the bottom of the windshield. I'm actually interested in the top piece of vert trim. I took all the trim pieces off to do a quick sand and paint. Under the top (where the vet top connects to the windshield there is what looks like a piece of weatherstripping. I cannot find information on what that is anywhere. Anyone have thoughts on it? Do I run to the local hardware store and buy self adhesive weatherstripping for a door or window?

Please let me know

Thanks

Thanks. I've looked "everywhere" and cannot find what that is. I'd rather not put regular weatherstripping in if I should do something else. Does not seem to be any good info out there. I appreciate you checking.

Doesn't surprise me with the no info thing, that's why I suggest to get a ford assembly manual, the verts are not well documented in forums, they were not built by ford, a company nearby had been converting coupes to verts for ford for many years. I think they did t top cars too.