Fox Mustang Gas Tank Install

Grabbin' Asphalt

5 Year Member
Jun 10, 2013
Atlanta, Ga
So after inspecting my leaking filler neck to trunk floor seal, I'm seeing other areas around the tank that have some fuel spots too. I checked the filler neck grommet seal and it's tight against the tank and seems good. So either the tank it going bad or an upper line or fitting is the culprit.
So if I have to drop the tank I'm just gonna get a new one. I also had my new fuel pump walbro 255lph installed a year ago, so I'm just gonna swap it and the sender over, while replacing all the seals and grommets.
This is going to be done in a driveway in the next week or so, any advice tips, watch out for's, to add to this video of @Jarrod@latemodel showing how it's done but done but in a driveway would be greatly appreciated :nice:

View: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wOeqAulc6uM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DwOeqAulc6uM

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Its SOOO easy! You can do it in an hour.
Make sure its low on fuel.
-Raise the car.
-put a hydraulic jack under the tank.
-remove the little 5/16" filler neck bolt.
-disconnect the fuel lines at the fuel filter.
-unplug the power supply behind the tank at the bumper cover.
-remove the two bolts from the straps that hold up the tank. ( up front over the axle).
-Lower the tank (slowly) with the jack. You'll need to wiggle the filler neck out of the tank while its going down. (As it goes down you'll also need to disconnect the hard vapor line and a couple wire retainers. (You'll see them as it goes down)

Once its down drag it out from under the car. Remove the pump and sending unit, whatever you plan on doing to it, ect.

Then, reinstall it.

Very easy.Trust me!

Last edited:
So I was able to get underneath and take some inspection pics, looks like it's leaking in the in the middle and moving down the valley toward the axle and turning right toward the right rear tire.

VIDEO0045_0000042141.jpg

VIDEO0045_0000013870.jpg

VIDEO0044_0000033370.jpg

VIDEO0044_0000029573.jpg

VIDEO0044_0000025177.jpg