fox power brake booster

• Sponsors (?)

At the time I put that article on my website (~5 years ago), I didn't have a factory '68 brake booster to use (my '68 came with manual 4-wheel drum brakes).

However, I did have a totalled out '90 5.0L Mustang GT that I robbed the fuel injected 5.0L engine, T-5, computer and wiring harness from. The wrecked '90 GT also had the 5.0L brake booster in it, so I decided to try and adapt it to my '68, since it was there for the using.

I'm fairly certain that the booster would work in the '69/'70 body as well, since the engine compartment of the '67/'68s are very similar. However, the stock booster for the '69/'70 Mustangs, with the corresponding (longer) power brake pedal, would obviously be the simplest route to take since it was designed to be a direct fit/bolt in for those bodies.

I put a '93 Fox booster (2.3L) into my 67, my car came with power-discs though, your pedal and actuator might be different, but they make adjustable pushrods for that type of thing. I had to use the smaller booster since my aftermarket master cylinder was too large for that massive (Bendix?) booster the car came with.

does anyone have pics of a fox booster in a 69 stang... or something close..... just trying to figure out this pedal issue with less headache....

i have 69 standard trans manual brake pedal support/ 69 auto manual brakes/ and a set of fox pedals manual trans as well...

i would also like to have a cable clutch .... if anyone knows how to do this too...

Hello,

i made this conversion at the same time i made my jmc hydraulic clutch linkage.
My 67 was original equipped with 4 drums and no booster.
The booster is out of a 89 GT. The master cylinder is a wilwood.
I build the complete unit on the work bench and weld it in the car.
Here are a lot of pictures:

fox booster

My english is not the best:( so i can not good explain my work.

Markus