fox TB conversion problems

Well it was a nice saturday, sunny 80 degrees, no clouds. So i figured i would go outside and install all my new goodies. I have a 75mm BBK throttle body a trickflow egr block off plate and all the other essentials. Well long story short i installed everything and it worked good i thought. I have no power. so i took it apart only to find that the throttle blade only opens up about 75%. It looks like the problem is that the throttle cable wont let the blade open up but i bought the cable brand new from my ford dealer for a 93 GT. any ideas?????

• Sponsors (?)

I know I had to elongate mine to get the throttle to sweep correctly. I opened the holes some and also used some 1/4 thick washers to push the bracket out some as it was binding. I scammed my cable from a salvage yard outta a Fox.

I take it its sweeping cleanly with no bind?? does it appear to be straight as it connects to the TB??

I take it your not getting full volts at WOT on the TPS??

194945.jpg

the elongation in the bracket...top pic... allows you to "pull" the cable back...more throttle...this pic in using the non-elongated bracket...Make sense??

21888.jpg

Here's the 1/4" spacers I used to shim mine out...otherwise the sweep was all fubar... the elogation and these made it go to full throttle and sweep nice..

233113.jpg

thanks alot for the pics!!!:nice: i figured thats what i was gonna have to do but i didnt think that i would have to fab it up like that. i thought that it should be more bolt on than that......o well thats my car for me haha. thanks again for the quick help!:D

It's never that easy....:D Always a pay-off...you wanna play you gotta pay. A rotary file makes the easy work of the bracket...Hit up a hardware store for some washers...

Take a break.. I'm having a few Magarita's and then heading out to put a lift kit in my truck..."supposed" to be a easy lift...I'm not buying it...:D

Its not getting the shocks/springs out...thats gravy on this truck...Its using the freakin spring compressors I hate...always waiting for the thing to explode when your at max compesssion...:(

Your welcome to my garage whenever your in town...:nice: